Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Also wondering if it matters if I put a smaller length fuse in my bike if it will still work?
Go to the autoparts store and buy an ATC blade type in-line fuse,,,cut the wires off the old one and splice-in the new better one..........

I use two weatherproof female terminal blades to make mine.............

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I need a diagram of how the rear end on a cat eye goes together. i have a cat eye bike. I had to put new bearing in the back wheel and it has been a project. I was wandering if there was any way of getting a close up of the back of cat eye bike to know where the spacers go on the axle and how the brake bracket mounts and where the little washer on the bracket go? I got the wheel on there but it spins out of whack.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You need to move the spacers and I use 7/16" SS washers for smaller adjustments too, line up the trans gear w/ the rear gear first, what ever it takes on the chain side to to position it right, then work on filling in the other side w/ spacers till it fits in the rear arms. Then you can fit your rear caliper on braces onto the axle & bike frame.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I got it on there. I had another question. My blinkers will work some times but not all the time. I put a new fuse in it and I still cant get my headlights or brake/taillights to work. I also have a bew battery in there. I was wandering if it might be my relay switch. My head lights will glow really dim.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thank you. I got it on there. I had another question. My blinkers will work some times but not all the time. I put a new fuse in it and I still cant get my headlights or brake/taillights to work. I also have a bew battery in there. I was wandering if it might be my relay switch. My head lights will glow really dim.
oxidized handlebar switch or poor ground..

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
You'll get oily residue all over everything, go a tad faster and be louder... I was was told not to but my cateyes ran great without mufflers.... I did eventualy get a hp muffler and modded another for the two... Those are gone with the wind tho...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Do you have a small bike charger to charge it. Take a volt meter test the battery for voltage. Put the meter on the big wire coming out of the starter housing, should read 13.7 volts, when its's running. The starter has 4 brushes so after it starts the engine, it becomes a generator.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.