Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, picked this bike up for $25 bucks when I was out of town for work. Needs a bit of work. So far bought a full new carb kit that came with, carb, gaskets, aftermarket filter and stack, and picked up an aftermarket exhaust. Runs like a top. Still needs little bits here and there. But rideable.
Now my lady wants it Purple with Green flake. So I have begun the painting now. I'll post picks as I go.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looks really good. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. She's loving the paint so far. Ran out of clear and purple so only got that one piece finished. Should be finished tomorrow though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Almost finished paint today. Ran out of clear. 1 more piece.
You guys happen to know of any other wheels that fit these? The solid steel wheels are ugly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Final picks will be up today. Just finished wet sanding the last 2 pieces, just have to buff them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Killer Job, the things we do for our better halves, lol. You might be able to fit Cag 6.5" rims and tires, or maybe X7 8" rims and tires. Might have to modify the brake mounts and a few other things. If you have 6 to 7" from the rear axle to the swingarm frame an 11 1/4" to 12" OD wheels should fit in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol I know, everything I get for her ends up nicer than mine. I get her new stuff all the time while used parts are for me. Everything I have is faster though ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, I really don't want to have to mod anything as far as brackets for calipers. Was hoping something would just slap on there. If it was a performance upgrade sure. But being as it's just for looks. I might just paint the wheels black.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looks awesome. Also like that green hardware but I kinda clashes with the purple a bit. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol yeah, both our favorite colors are purple and green. But, it's her bike. I'm going to be doing my x15 some sort of lime green.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Kawasaki Green, or something close is about as bright as you can get, lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's exactly the green I want. But hard to find in a can.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts