Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there guys,
sorry i ask a lot of questions but im trying to get this thing right lol. i know a lot of people say to remove the wires and electric start etc but with this cat eye fs509 i want to have it fully functional. it had the original wire harness with it but the new parts i buy dont have the same configuration.
for example the left controller with the lights, horn and turn signals that was originally on it had all the wires going to a six pin connector but the new has a 2 pin and then a 3 pin and a single wire hanging loose from the rest. what the heck is this about and what does it connect to.
im using the wire diagram that is floating around this site and it does not specify a sixth wire. also i have a relay/solenoid, a 3 wire controller( i have no idea what this 3 wire controller is for) and i need to replace the flasher box or resoder a wire to the board. i was looking at the diagram and it shows a regulator. there was nothing like that on the bike so im confused as to what that is or what it is referring to. the diagram does not show the 3 wire controller.
has anyone ever wired one of these.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. This is the wire diagram I have been using unfortunately. There is nothing about the controller box and it shows a regulator and I'm not sure what that is.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The regulator should be a small black box, plastic or might have alum fins. Find the reg on the Dia., how many wires come off it?? What color are they?? The Reg. stops electric surges and or turn AC generator power to DC power. Do you have a smaller red wire off the battery + post, should go to a 10amp glass fuse. Then all your gauges and lights get power thru the reg and a fuse. Alot of connects at the key switch, for the starter solinod, lights and stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts