Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently acquired a Cat Eye FS509 Pocket Bike Frame. Is there any recommendations on what type of motor should I be looking into ?

I currently do not have any pictures to show of the bike, to help with a visual representation.

Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Just recently acquired a Cat Eye FS509 Pocket Bike Frame. Is there any recommendations on what type of motor should I be looking into ?

I currently do not have any pictures to show of the bike, to help with a visual representation.

Thank you in advance
You need this engine you find it by typing in 49cc pocket bike engine into eBay and then match up the picture

Attachments

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Thats the one you want. Use stainless hardware when building the bike. That will be a great project for you and some knowledge into putting it together. And a 2 stroke!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the one you want. Use stainless hardware when building the bike. That will be a great project for you and some knowledge into putting it together. And a 2 stroke!!
Thank you so much for the information. And just one last question, for a future project with the same bike is there anyway to put a larger motor than a 49cc ?

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
I believe there is a 62cc out there, but a vaguely remember that it was expensive. Your motor can be modified to put out more power. That would be my suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Sounds like he needs a pit bike those a pretty easy to bolt in swap different engines...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts