Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The electric start on my mini-chopper inst working (turns once and buzzes). I'd like to take it off and clean it out or possibly replace it.

I've started removing the bolts but I'm perplexed by the starter shaft. I can't turn the bolt w/o the engine cranking. Whats the trick to getting it off?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
The electric start on my mini-chopper inst working (turns once and buzzes). I'd like to take it off and clean it out or possibly replace it.

I've started removing the bolts but I'm perplexed by the starter shaft. I can't turn the bolt w/o the engine cranking. Whats the trick to getting it off?
You have got to see the awesome How:To that Cam2 did, I'll find you a link right now...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks CAM excellent tutorial. Fortunately, while I was waiting I decided to spray it down with wd-40 and let it soak overnight. The next day I sprayed it out with brake parts cleaner and got a bunch of rust and dirt out of it. After that its started cranking again. Hope I don't need to replace it but if I do at least I'll know how to get it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts