Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cateye go fast project......

well,ive had my cateye for a longtime and Right now the fastest ive hit with it was 30 mph on my gravel driveway and it is stock (im 6'0 and 150 lbs). Id like to get the bike to do about 40mph on a paved surface which i know it wont do now. To take care of this problem ive ordered a v-stack and a large air filter and a fuel tank(bad fuel leak issue). what are the gains i can expect from the v-stack and what else do you guys suggest i do to it to reach my goal?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
A V-stack is not going to do very much alone, you need a good exhaust also, lite flywheel with rocket key. Scape the cyld base gasket off and Yamabond it to the cases. Higher gearing will help with top end. Loose the electric start, battery and all the heavy stuff.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It lowers the cyld and raises the piston for more compression. But then you need to raise the exhaust port and lower the intake port alittle too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.