Pocketbike Forum banner

Cateye leaking fuel from air filter

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  rgvcateye 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok guys so I finally had my cateye running and now it wont start again? It has been leaking fuel from the air filter where the choke closes and opens. It leaks wether the bike is running or not and wether the choke is on or off? What could be the problem?

See less See more
#3 ·
I had the same exact problem with my x7 and it has the same exact motor youre running on ur cateye. Okay sooo what i did was open up the cylinder without messing up the gasket and turned the motor upside down to let the gas thats sitting at the bottom out. I bolted everything back up and it started rite up when i jumped it :) Now with mine all i need to do is figure out why its cutting off when i hit the throttle

#4 ·
Pull the sparkplug to see what ite engine is doing so you know whih way to adjust it...seeings the weather is getting really cool Im guessing youre gonna have to richen up te fuel rate adjust screw by 1/4 turn and possibly the Lowspeed needle by 1/8 turn..........

Taking out the sparkplug and pulling the pullrope 20-25 times will evacuate the jug aswell without any engine removal required..........

#11 ·
Why it leaked i thought it was the carb too until i switched it with my old one but it still leaked so i put the new one back one. All i did was took off the cylinder, dumped out the gas at the bottom of the motor, shot carb+ chock cleaner every in the motor, and bolted it back up. Jumped it with my father truck and it started right up

#10 ·
So just to get things cleared up, the bottom right screw should be set to 1 1/4 turn left after going all the way to the right? And the top little screw inside the bigger screw should be set to 2 1/2 turns left after going all the way to the right?

#15 · (Edited)
The chinese carbs are so finicky when it comes to ethanol........The rubber reacts badly to it right before your eyes by swelling up rubber to almost twice its size........

The pumper needle is most likely hung up in the carb because of a distorted pumper diaphragm or the needle lever needs to be set right....The lever maybe set too high and may need to be bend down a tiny bit to et them to work right due to the rubber shrinking instead of growing because of it being old stock...........

Remove the sparkplug and dry it off......Pull the pullrope 10-15 times to evacuate the jug.......put the plug back in and get it running...while its running try tapping on the side of the carb with a 6" long 3/8" extension to see if it will jar the needle into working right...If not youre gonna have to open up the carb to see why the needle is stuck open......Im gonna say that either the diaphragm gasket is installed on the wrong side of the diaphragm or the lever needle needs to be tweaked leaner......Good Luck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.