Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my cateyes bike in Wednesday and I must say I was surprised that it had no major problems.It fired right up and I havent had any loose bolts or starting problems.2 things I am concearned about is the speedometer gauge,earlier today as i was going downhill it seemed to be working but as I let off the throttle it suddenly went back to zero,and would go up and down as I engaged the throttle is this normal and if not what can I do to make this gauge accurate? Also my back taillight and turn signals do not work and have not worked since I had the bike could the fuses be blown I can not figure out to take them out can you all help me with your knowledge?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Buy a schwinn speedo their 10 dollars at walmart. The stock guage will never be accurate. I just use it to monitor my motor RPM as if it was a tach. If you want though u can mess with the pot on the bottom of the tach. If you turn it you can adjust it for better accuracy...but it will never truely be anywhere near accurate.

·
Registered
866 Posts
not really...

all u need to do is find a place to mount the magnet, set up the pickup device so that it reaches it, and plug in your numbers...

·
Registered
62 Posts
i dont even look at the speed tach lol but did you ever put a fuse in your bike in the first place? black screw stickin off of the battery box.

·
Registered
866 Posts
uhh, dtp....

if u read, it says his tach was working, so im guessing there was a fuse in there right?
i mean it wouldnt have worked without it...

so the taillight problem is not cuz of the fuse, unless none of your other electricals work....

its probably the wiring...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes all the other electricals work except for the taillights and I did put the fuse in. It took me a few hours to figure out that you had to put it in for the electrials to work after charging, the manual did not say anything about it anywhere.Also the only thing that was damaged during shipping was the fuse,the glass portion was broken but the metal part inside was still connected so I just took some electrical tape and wrapped around the fuse for the time being.Where can I get another one from? ThanksAlso is there a step by step method to installing a speedometer anywhere on this forum?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts