Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i fixed my "broken" feirings on my cateyes and now ive been trying to ride it around... but i noticed that it revs a lot and it doesnt seem to go anywhere, it just seems that its going VROOOM but im not going very fast at all. Would anyone would any experience with cateyes let me know if this is normal for the cateyes??? or what would be a good suggestion at fixing this?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
do you have the newer one or the older one like mine? have you tuned the bike yet? did you break-in the motor yet?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Does it feel like its bogging or does it feel like the clutch is slipping. Some units were shipped with broken clutches from the factory. Give us some more detail so we can help identify the problem easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, ive riden the bike for the past couple of days so its got a bit more than 5hrs on it, so im sure it is broken in.... i will take a video right now and show you... lemme go do it... it'll take like 30min max lol.... its the older one i think (only has 1 gauge/speedometer)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i took a video, i was maxing the bike out and then i let go a bit so to show you when i rev it... (from nothing i max out the gas) and you can see that it goes quiet and then it revs really loud but i just keep moving at the same speed. i guess you cant really tell from the video but i can feel the engine reving and working harder but i dont feel any speed increase.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/email77/cateyes-rev.mpg

·
Registered
573 Posts
Cant really tell whats going on from the video. You might wanna try tuning it. Also how many tanks have you ran through? On mines i had to put in a good 20hrs of break-in before it really came to life. Also what oil to fuel ratio?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh ok, tuning wise do you mean the 2 screws that i have to adjust? ive got it idling fine so im not sure what else i have to tune. ummmm its still on its first tank lol so maybe that is why, its almost done the first tank so we'll see what happens after my first 20hrs ^__~ and im using 25:1 fuel ratio.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Theres 2 screws on the stock. The idle one which is a phillip head and the fuel mixture one which is the flat head. Just start adjusting that and see if it helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
sesshoumaru562 said:
Theres 2 screws on the stock. The idle one which is a phillip head and the fuel mixture one which is the flat head. Just start adjusting that and see if it helps.
I know exactly the problem. The other day I fiddle with the flat head screw with the spring behind it, and I messed my bike up. Your tuning is off and you have to do some tuning with the flat screw until you get the right position for your carb. What I did was rode my bike with the screw driver in my hand n rode it n tunned till it worked perfectly. It took me about 30 mins ot tune it correctly. Just fiddle with it to get it correct then your good to go.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know becuase I had the exact same problem as you. I heard that you could tune your carb so I went out and tuned it, and I messed it up. SO now my engine was reving like crazy, but my spedometer was reading 10km..when my bike was reaching 25km the day before. Just play with the screw till your bike works like it did before.

·
Registered
866 Posts
ok... u kno those stock speedos are way off right?

and if u made it so u lost that much power from the trun of a screw, u shouldnt be touching the bike...

dont u kno how to tune? wat to look for? or did u just twist the hell out of hit for kicks?

·
Registered
866 Posts
it actually looks like sess helped u b4 good ol' rnb did...

sesshoumaru562 said:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Cat's Eye Breakin

Check the attached drawing. Make sure you have a good seal on the carburetor. Apply some removable loc-tite. The carbs can become loose from vibration in shipping and from general use. Decrease the amount of oil in the mix. You really should only need 1:50 oil/gas since you already have over 5 hours on it. You may see what appears to be an oil leak around the exhaust. This is not a leak, it is expunged excess oil that is not used for lubrication or burned off in the combustion process. Clean the air filter regularly and check the fuel line filter. Engine parts can become clogged due to packing material floating around during transportation.

jonnyboi said:
oh ok, tuning wise do you mean the 2 screws that i have to adjust? ive got it idling fine so im not sure what else i have to tune. ummmm its still on its first tank lol so maybe that is why, its almost done the first tank so we'll see what happens after my first 20hrs ^__~ and im using 25:1 fuel ratio.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts