Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if the wiring between the headlights and the battery is fused? the wiring is so messy on the bike i thought i'd ask first to see if anyone knows.

·
Registered
866 Posts
fused as in has a fuse?

or fused as in together? like fusion?

on my bike, no wires were fused together to the battery, the battery was connected to the charging unit...

from the charging unit, 2 main wires came out and went everywere....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fused as in has a fuse. im guessing from what you said, then no... i want to hook up my hid foglights to the main headlight wiring w/o the fuse because it's so big and makes everything messy. i guess i'll just have to run the wiring under the seat and install the fuse there.

·
Registered
866 Posts
u could pick up a fuse from kragen or sumtin...

the one thats like a computer chip... there alot thinner, and easier to find...
thats wat i plan on using wen i rewire my headlights...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i already have a fuse with the HID harness/ballasts and everything. just wanted to wire the harness to the stock headlight wiring if possible. the fuse that came with this thing is huge and won't fit in the wire loom so i'll have to conceal it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yaa i just hooked up a new fuse holder with the 2 prong plastic fuse. it is a pain because the stock wires are wicked skinny and break easily.

·
Registered
146 Posts
since we're on the topic of lights..did anyone think of putting neon lights on their bike. I wanna put them on the underbody of my cateyes.I plan to run my wire and connect it to the other wires that connect to the switch that turn on my headlights. Would this work if I tried. Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Secondly,
This is for the cateye users. If you own one you know the rear lights, and the pain of always having to take the lights out of the rear fairing. Just a tip. Buy some crimp style connectors. Cut the wires going to your light n add some connectors. Now when you take off your rear fairing. You dont have to take the lights out of the rear fairing. Just disconnect and your fine.

Hope I helped out lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
the neons have been done...

and yes, if u wired the + and - to the headlight wires, they should turn on together...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
rnbsoulchild said:
Secondly,
This is for the cateye users. If you own one you know the rear lights, and the pain of always having to take the lights out of the rear fairing. Just a tip. Buy some crimp style connectors. Cut the wires going to your light n add some connectors. Now when you take off your rear fairing. You dont have to take the lights out of the rear fairing. Just disconnect and your fine.

Hope I helped out lol
You must have gotten a different bike than my cats.........the rear tailights have a pig tail plug already on them.......just unplug them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
maybe ...because my light have to be pulled out of the rear fairing in order for the rear fairing to come off. There no connector, although the front fairing has one connector n you just disconnect that n the front fairing comes off. No need to take the lights off of the front fairing, but the rear i had to take them out of the fairing. I chnaged that now tho. Cut the wires for the rear light and attached some connectors. My pops is a electrician had all the tools n parts in his truck. PERFECT!

Thats why i wanna do the neons, just have to buy them n thats all. But the neons on canadian tire come with a adapter to plug into a cigarette lighter for a car. Should i just snip the plug off and extend the wire to make it longer n connect to the existing wire for the light switch?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Backwoodz said:
You must have gotten a different bike than my cats.........the rear tailights have a pig tail plug already on them.......just unplug them.
what he means is so that the taillight isn't dangling off the seat through the harness which is siliconed onto the bottom.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rnbsoulchild said:
Thats why i wanna do the neons, just have to buy them n thats all. But the neons on canadian tire come with a adapter to plug into a cigarette lighter for a car. Should i just snip the plug off and extend the wire to make it longer n connect to the existing wire for the light switch?
yes you can snip the plug off. the main wire is a + and the wire touching the metal tabs at the side is the ground. i did the same thing for my car.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wal-mart foglights, phillips 5,000k HID amber bulbs, wired to stock harness. going to clean up the wiring.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is it really worth it to put in HID's. Cuz I dont do a lot of night riding? I saw the pics of how you put the in, and it looks alright.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its mostly for bragging rights. every now and then if i'm at the track at night or night cruising or whatever, its super useful. lit up the entire road. i'll get a driving pic one of these days. if you have the extra cash, feel free to do the conversion. i had the bulbs and ballast lying around the house. you can even use some $30 HID-style foglights

·
Registered
146 Posts
so im guessing its just an "extra" mod if you've got the cash, but I must admit it does light up the road man I saw your pics holy smokes. It looked like a sunset ahaha

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well it wasn't too expensive. im sure any set of HID foglights for over 20 bucks will give a nice effect. and besides, any set of foglights will be wayyy better/brighter than the stock headlight bulbs. very easy install too. anyone interested in the mod i'll help you out.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
actually if anyone around the san diego area wants me to install them for you, that would be nice because i want to do a write-up on this with pictures. i think it'd benefit us all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts