Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a cateye that was given to me it was sitting for a while and doesn't run so can anyone help me with a place to start looking for problems I'm not very good with motors but I'm hoping to learn and get this thing going :) please help
Thnx

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Ok guys I have a cateye that was given to me it was sitting for a while and doesn't run so can anyone help me with a place to start looking for problems I'm not very good with motors but I'm hoping to learn and get this thing going :) please help
Thnx
Sure We Can!

Start with this...

#1 empty the fuel (if there is any) out of the tank.
#2 try to get the fuel filter replaced (it is hiding inside the fuel tank)
#3 Pull out the old spark plug and take to an auto parts store, or maybe even Home Depot and get a replacement for it (make sure is is a really close match for the size of the original plug)
#4 Clean the Air filter (if it is still there) in some pure gas or alcohol spirits (no smoking!!!)
#5 Read lots of posts from here....
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/f130/ <--- 2-stroke Mid-Bikes!
That will be a good start!

NASA ;):thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx for the advice nick your a great help! And once I get this thing running what is an upgrade to get slot if power out of my bike

I also have a Boreem super booster xr7
I would also like some advice on a good upgrade for that bike it tops out at 30 rite now lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts