Pocketbike Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
getting smoked

speedfreak24 said:
Actually me and my buddies always ride. Between all of us their is 7 of us but getting all 7 of us there at one time is very rare... We hit the same spots usually since we have had great luck which is near downtown and east orlando near 436..... So reply if you wanna ride........ Or should i say get smoked ????
Let me know when you and your buddys get together. i will need some time to get a bike tho. I would like to race you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ride in the streets!

Hey all,

I recently got my first minibike and iv'e been wanting to ride it everywhere. Unfortunately we all were under the impression we couldn't..well, i talked with the Altamonte Springs Police Department (Seminole County) and they gave me a paper that says you SHOULDN'T ride them in the streets..BUT, it says 'However, if they are operated on a public street or road, a minimum of a regular Class E operator license is required.'

So, what i take from it is that i can ride them in the street legally, and i have been doing so since i got the paper. Be sure to check with your local PD to see if it is the same.

Additionally, if anyone lives in or near the Altamonte Springs area, iv'e found a good place to ride on weekends is the Altamonte Springs Elementary School. I live 1 street over from the school and when i go there are no cars there on weekends.

If anyone is interested in riding over there, e-mail me and lemme know!
My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Letter

Dude,

That letter makes no sense to me,in order to ride any motor vehicle "legally" on the street the vehicle must be registered, true in Florida Motorcycle Insurance is not mandatory however in order to be registered must meet DOT requirements. I dont want to burst your balloon but dont want to se you get ticketed or worse
AaronLucia said:
Hey all,

I recently got my first minibike and iv'e been wanting to ride it everywhere. Unfortunately we all were under the impression we couldn't..well, i talked with the Altamonte Springs Police Department (Seminole County) and they gave me a paper that says you SHOULDN'T ride them in the streets..BUT, it says 'However, if they are operated on a public street or road, a minimum of a regular Class E operator license is required.'

So, what i take from it is that i can ride them in the street legally, and i have been doing so since i got the paper. Be sure to check with your local PD to see if it is the same.

Additionally, if anyone lives in or near the Altamonte Springs area, iv'e found a good place to ride on weekends is the Altamonte Springs Elementary School. I live 1 street over from the school and when i go there are no cars there on weekends.

·
Council Member
370 Posts
Well.

It amazes me that this is still going on. You guys have alot of great tracks to "PLAY' in. We have a similiar situation up here where people keep calling me and saying why won't they let me ride these in the streets. I tell them that it is just common sense!
I had a person call me last night complaing to me about the police taking his bike away and he claimed it was the fastest pocketbike ever made! BULL*&^%. Understand this. If you are dumb enough to ride on the streets you deserve to have the bike taken away from you. There are no excuses outside of stupidity for riding on a street. Most places will not allow you to use their parking lots plus it is just not a good option. Why do people continue to fight with the laws and want to ride in places they should not?
Arrogance,Stupidity...... I could continue but to this day I have been wasting my breath! Spend $5 and go to the local track and be safe not stupid!
To all of you forming all of these "Groups" to ride together and avoid the cops. Think how stupid you look! The cops just love taking your bikes and I am sure that some of them are giving them to their kids to enjoy or even better sending them to the crusher!

Think before you ride!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well..if i could magicly transport my bike to the track..then i wouldn't ever have to ride in the streets and the world would be merry..however..i can't transport it there, so..looks like the streets for me.

I am currently studying Criminal Justice in school and am a adamant supporter of Law Enforcement. I am not trying to 'get around the cops' or the law..i am trying to do what's right, and according to what i was given by my local Police Department, i am within the law to ride in the streets, provided i am 16 and have a valid Driver's License. Whenever i ride in the streets i ride with my $450 helmet, full race gloves, and my mesh riding jacket. Seems like i'm just as protected riding my pocketbike when i rode my real bikes..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, that's a good question. There is a kid that lives on the next street, but he only has a Honda Civic Hatchback, so that's out of the question. The other 3 kids ive' seen all are under 15. :p

But, in good news, and which i probably should have mentioned earlier is..there is an elementary school 1 street over from me which on weekends is empty. They have a nice little place to ride around..but the problem was you couldn't get up past 25 before you ran out of room. So, in the effort to go faster..i needed space, aka street.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey

Chino27 said:
Hey guys I have a great location its a closed down Kash n Karry ppl be riding there and cops do not say anything its at goldenrod and sun vista way. By a neighborhood called Stonebridge call me up for more info on when and how to meet up. My # is 407 281 0936 My Name is Jowie ( Joey ).
Is this around Ft Myers area by chance ? I have a crew of 10 look'in to ride.
Cops are starting to impound bikes! I got busted last night but just got a warning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Huh?

AaronLucia said:
Hey all,

What difference does it make what class license you have. If you pb is licensed and registered you can't ride on the streets legally.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Im over here in New Port Richey, we got permission to ride at a local church parking lot. ABout 5 of us ride together now, if interested, PM'me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
whats up everone im in tampa im looking for some people to ride with....theres no one around here to ride with cept my boy and his bikes been in the shop"lol" gettin the swingarm stretched so when its done me and him will be down to ride let me know where you guys ride at ill diffenently come out and chill...later

·
Registered
28 Posts
yo, i live in east orange county i would like to know if sepra has like a 49cc class/ x2 superbikes???
XxdragginframexX said:
whats up everone im in tampa im looking for some people to ride with....theres no one around here to ride with cept my boy and his bikes been in the shop"lol" gettin the swingarm stretched so when its done me and him will be down to ride let me know where you guys ride at ill diffenently come out and chill...later

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.