Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought new brake pads for my 910 carena since the original ones are so worn that my lever hits my handle when i try to stop, anyway was wondering how exactly do you go about changing them? Im replacing the front ones only btw. And im assuming when i put the new ones my brakes will grab sooner when i pull the brake lever, right now i have to smash it against my handles to come to a stop lol. Thanks in advance!

ps sorry if this is in the wrong section

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
No one can help a brother out? :/

I just need to know what to do before i start taking things apart and messing up my reeeeaaally old 12 yr old bike lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Im trying to get the dam caliper off the fork mount and it wont come off even though I took off the two bolts that hold it. I cant find a write up or how-to anywhere, no one can at least chime in and give me a hint??

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I do not have a Polini 911 But most all "Floating" calipers should be removed, and the pads will basically fall out, there may be a small clip in middle of the pads to keep the pads "Open" while off the brakes, usually the pins that the Caliper floats on can simply be unscrewed and then the caliper can usually slide right off the rotor (Disk)

You might need to loosen the cable or back out the pad adjuster to fit the new "Thicker" brake pads.

If you have a picture of the wheel / brakes I could be more of a help.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Take the disc caliper off the forks and or split the caliper in half, the brake pads should fall out, put the new pads in, put it back on the forks.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
NaSa said:
3 Hours Ago 06:09 PM
NaSa
Re: Changing Brake Pads?
I do not have a Polini 911 But most all "Floating" calipers should be removed, and the pads will basically fall out, there may be a small clip in middle of the pads to keep the pads "Open" while off the brakes, usually the pins that the Caliper floats on can simply be unscrewed and then the caliper can usually slide right off the rotor (Disk)

You might need to loosen the cable or back out the pad adjuster to fit the new "Thicker" brake pads.

If you have a picture of the wheel / brakes I could be more of a help.
Take the disc caliper off the forks and or split the caliper in half, the brake pads should fall out, put the new pads in, put it back on the forks.
I think someone might have said something like this... hehe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply guys, but like i said in my 3rd post, I already am trying to take off the calipers lol.

Im having trouble getting them to come off the fork, I took off the two screws that mount them to the fork yet I cant get the caliper to come off the disc lol. They dont simply slide out :/

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply guys, but like i said in my 3rd post, I already am trying to take off the calipers lol.

Im having trouble getting them to come off the fork, I took off the two screws that mount them to the fork yet I cant get the caliper to come off the disc lol. They dont simply slide out :/

Ill snap a pic to post too

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Does the caliper spilt in half, your's could be rusted on. That's a Euro bike & mine are all 8 of mine are Chinese. Every Disc Caliper I have even on my Dodge SUV has bolts that hold it together. I have a plactic dead blow hammer I use on stuff thats stuck. Put a piece of wood on it and tap it with a hammer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts