Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I recently bought a 12v float charger for my X2 PB and I thought there would be (+) and (-) prongs on top of the batterie and there's not just pos and neg wires ,should I strip my wires And connect the charger so it can charge??? Look at the pic below:

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On my X18, I flattened 2 alum pop rivets at the end into a blade, stuck them into the plug and clamped on the ends sticking out. Small nails will work too.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Are you sure the charger is working?? And why do they call it a Float Charger, like something goes inside the battery. Better read the instructions and try to test it with a voltage meter, should read 13.7 volts.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure the charger is working?? And why do they call it a Float Charger, like something goes inside the battery. Better read the instructions and try to test it with a voltage meter, should read 13.7 volts.
It should, it's brand new maybe the outlet doesn't work I'll test it and re-read the directions

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
A float charger is a charger with two or three different capabilities and switches automatically between charging mode and storage charge mode............

Sounds like you need a battery CO............The parts I sent should make it to you today/tomorrow.....

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A float charger is a charger with two or three different capabilities and switches automatically between charging mode and storage charge mode............

Sounds like you need a battery CO............The parts I sent should make it to you today/tomorrow.....
I no I can't wait:) the float I have is only to KEEP the charge and it's not intended for charging

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
What amp rate does it charge at?? It might take 2 or 3 days to charge it with yours. Take it to a car parts place, don't tell them its new and ask them to load test your battery, they need to charge it up to load test it, so if it's a good battery you take it home charged.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What amp rate does it charge at?? It might take 2 or 3 days to charge it with yours. Take it to a car parts place, don't tell them its new and ask them to load test your battery, they need to charge it up to load test it, so if it's a good battery you take it home charged.
LOL smart thinkin, look at my other post bout the carb assembly

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
If its 1.25 to 2 amp/hr rate charge a 6 amp battery should take from 3 to 5 hours.......My 12 amp battery for my X15 took me a whole day to trickle charge at 1.25 amps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.