Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've just got a pocket bike, the frames MTA-2 i think and the engines a 47cc or smaller, i'm not entirely sure, but it doesn't have the 49cc cooling fin pattern. Anyways, everything on my bike is stock, and i was wondering how i could make my bike faster as the stock speed and acceleration is quite slow( and is getting boring), i've been looking at porting the carb, but i was wondering about porting the cylinder, but i don't really know how to go about it, and also whats the squish and how do you adjust it, and if you know of any other mods that will increase the performance, for free or for a very little amount as i don't really want to buy expensive parts for a bike that cost me around a 100 dollars, thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about the late reply, but with porting the head how should i go about doing it? cheers

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Port and Polish the head, open up the muffler/exhaust.... high flow air filter and let 'er BREATH!!!
Volume + velocity makes power in 4 strokes......Not in 2 stroke.....Building Velocity by diminishing crankcase volume makes power in building 2 stroke engines and you need a tuned exhaust to make true power and performance unless your engine is port timed to run with a wide open exhaust like McCulloch chainsaw engines converted to methanol powered racekart engines with dual carbs...

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
sorry about the late reply, but with porting the head how should i go about doing it? cheers
Theres threads all over PBP but you need to do rigorous research and take proper measurements before tearing into the cylinder hogging things out with a dremel and cutting bits.....Thats the quickest way to backpedal and wreck a powerplant////////

Measure//measure//measure again...also record the numbers on paper...This is the start of your map to make power........No map and you wont know where you were and where you are at that point..........Theres many-many members that thought porting was easy........They were wrong...I just make it look easy...I have years and years of experience hopping up engines of all sorts.....over 25 to be exact....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts