Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from southern California,
Just recently got a new mini chopper for the family toy box.. Basically waiting on a cod for the pull starter. I also have a old manco 2seater kart, just for fun.. Minor remodeling job on the mini chopper 49cc gas, removing lights and misc horns and the what not, would like to remove the battery and use the key as a kill switch but will see what happens.. - Learning alot from this forum

Thanks..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Hello from Northern California, Must have a 49cc Zenoah copy piston port engine. I you need is a kill switch, which could be the key also. I just finished my Hot Rod Zenoah engine, cut off a stock cyld and machine a ring for the Cag Billet alum head to sit on. It's Sweet.
The 16mm Walbro WT-813 has an accell pump made for these Piston Port engines.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Yeah' very nice, im actually gonna just get a kill switch and use the charging plug mount to hold it.
What will the motor in the pic top at?

Having trouble finding the rear hub bearings. (tic HW -11B)
i will have to take pics because i have no idea what model it is..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello from Northern California, Must have a 49cc Zenoah copy piston port engine. I you need is a kill switch, which could be the key also. I just finished my Hot Rod Zenoah engine, cut off a stock cyld and machine a ring for the Cag Billet alum head to sit on. It's Sweet.
The 16mm Walbro WT-813 has an accell pump made for these Piston Port engines.
So the motor does have a name - Im gonna re-wire it and await for the claw to arrive, find some bearings and well see whats next on the menu..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On the bearings, find a bearing & seals store and have them match the bearings you have. Try looking at pocketbikeparts in Florida, look at all the Bike Icons, and click on it, the whole rear wheel is like $200r so. Also, SP4L in Alameda/Oakland, might be able to help you.
You can increase the compression by lifting the cylinder alittle, scrape the .025" paper gasket off. clean the case surface, spread a thin layer of Yamabond, ( Yamaha Dealer ), with your fingers, drop it back down put the 4 bolts back finger tight, the next day torque the bolts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds fun, really cant wait for the claw to arrive to fire it up.. I ordered the same spec bearings as the chinese 1's but from a company on the west coast here @ http://www.vxb.com/
Fair price 6.50 each, should be here in a few days, then went to a local lawn mower shop and replaced the primer plug.. Thinkin this dog is almost ready to hunt... lol Re-wired to a toggle and looks much better with none of that wire mess..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cog arrived, i must have the wrong pull start - but i rigged it with a couple spacers and boom She fired up.. Stalls out when i give it gas but im sure that from sitting for who knows how long.. Gonna give the carb a cleaning and see if it changes anything..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I think there are 2 different starter cogs and pull starters. I have one type not foresure what the other one looks like.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill just wait untill this one breaks but will find one in the mean time, Going to get a spark plug and some yamabond. will the yamabond work on the carb? If not whats the best place to buy the carb gasket?? I would actualy like to get a HP carb and filter what would you suggest?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
How much money do you want to spend?? It cost me around $100 for my real Walbro WT-813, w/ manifold, V-stack w/ choke, swivel for the cable and Arm to hold the cable. For $70 for a kit w/ everything you need plus air filter for a 16mm China pumper carb. No need for a fuel shut off, no float to adj., no leaky carb bowl, but you have a return line to your gas tank. I ran mine thru the gas cap, on my Lucky 7, it has the China carb & manifold, but I added a boost fitting.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There is a copy 15mm Carb & manifold for a Cag eng. Its is 15mm all the way thru, where the 813 has a 15.88 bore & 12.7mm venturi. The best part of these carbs is the low & high jet are Adj. and on the outside, no float bowl to play with.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much money do you want to spend?? It cost me around $100 for my real Walbro WT-813, w/ manifold, V-stack w/ choke, swivel for the cable and Arm to hold the cable. For $70 for a kit w/ everything you need plus air filter for a 16mm China pumper carb. No need for a fuel shut off, no float to adj., no leaky carb bowl, but you have a return line to your gas tank. I ran mine thru the gas cap, on my Lucky 7, it has the China carb & manifold, but I added a boost fitting.
Ah i didnt see this post yet, nice and thanks for the info, i was thinking bout 50 plus a lil to ship, Does Napa carry anything for these lil bikes?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Doing Good, keep it up and don't look back,lol. For a stock engine the 15mm works fine, my scooters front wheel comes up and I have a stock carb on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol Got the bearings - one went in other busted - So now to play the waiting game. Do you have any suggestions on who i should order the HP carb and filter combo from. I think im gonna just get a hole new hub? These bearings are a little iffy?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I don't know anything about that chopper hub, only seen photos when I was looking for parts. If they drove it with bad bearings and the alum got to hot it could have weaken the metal. Never hit a bearing on the inside race, only the outside. I use a big socket on the outer race on my engine main bearings and the case is on a piece of wood to suck up the energy.
On my Cag wheels there is a spacer in between the bearings to keep the inner race from moving when you tighten the axle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Searching craigslist - just gonna get a broken pocket bike and see if i can modify it to fit.. Snapped the TC/axle key on my manco kart , so its lookin like i might get some garage time in.. Do you run NOS in any of your toys?
ive been seeing the little mini NOS kits around, pretty interesting.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
No NOS for me, after 5 second you might end up with a hole in the top of your piston. This junk won't take much abuse, and my red head engine clears the head piece by .025".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.