1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cheap bikes on ebay

Are they garbage or are they worth it?
What's the catch, if any?

I'm thinking of buying one just to mess around on. Probably an HF Cag (I think that's what they are.)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Their great starter bikes. Once u work on them they get more reliable and fun. Stock....you get what you pay for. Just have fun with them but remember stay safe, wear gear and avoid street riding.

·
Registered
427 Posts
dont buy them, one of the kids in my neighborhood's china bike broke in a week,

and he never did anything wrong to the bike. Save up for a Blata 2.5

·
Registered
573 Posts
He also prob didnt prepp it once he got it, just took it out the box and rode it around. These chinese bikes tend to be cheaply constucted, and poorly assembled. Its a must to re-assemble them as soon as you get it out the box. If you make sure everything is fine before you take it out for your 1st ride, its going to last. On mines i havent ran into any problems for a few months now (about 5 or 6 months).

My friend's bike however broke down the 2nd day he rode it. Everything went to hell on it. The wiring, lost nuts & bolts, broken fairings (crashed alot), motor problems (reline before warmups), etc.... Just liek with anything else treat it with care and it will last a while.

Italian made bikes are great but its also far out the price range of the entry level bikers here. Alot of guys here dont want to spend that much money on a bike. Heck I wouldnt myself because i rather buy a small bike like a ysr50, nsr50, rs50, etc... But if your serious about racing then you need to step up into a quality build bike. For the casual guys give it a try and see if you like it, so you dont drown with an expensive paper weight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Cags are well worth the money, but remember you get what you pay for... They are a lot of work to make right but thats the fun of owning one... I'd get bored of it if all I had to do is add gas/oil and go...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I think I'm going to buy one.

I like working on this stuff, and hell, I'll probably end up rebuilding the whole bike a couple times anyways.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't totally agree with that... a cag isnt a waste of money... its good for an entry level bike and its cheap to fix/modify... why suggest buying a $1000ish bike to get into the sport? I think the cags are the way to go and if you like the sport upgrade to a better ride...

gopeder123 said:
save up for any italian bike {Blata,Polini,GRC,BMS,ZPF etc.} dont waste money
on that POS

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a cag about 1 week before crimbo....It was the best I ever spent 280 pounds on.....It has got me into the sport big time111.....Next bike will be a Blata as my little cag has got me into mini moto's in a big way.I will be using my cag to learn about parts...faults...tuning....etc etc etc.I reccomend a chineise bike to anyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts