Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have 6 toys incl. 3 50cc bikes but I have some questions about my 110cc quad. It is a 2007 Katerra, 4 stroke & manual trans. I got it to start after teaching myself about stators, rectifiers & CDIs. It starts & runs well but does it ever keep the mosquitos away ! It smokes really Bad. It needs a ring job. Found a site that sells the cylinder kit. it has the jug, piston, pin, circlips, rings & gaskets. 1) Is this all I need ? 2) How do I know if it needs to be bored out - perhaps that is why there is a new cylinder in the kit ?? I had lots of auto & semi truck engines apart but not small 2 or 4 stroke engines. It also needs a ball joint for the front suspension. The kit says it is $40 & the ball joint is $50. I can PM someone the site so you can see what I am looking at. 3) Would it be worth it if I sold it after money wise ? Want to get a good quad with a remote shutoff for Mini Me ( my cloned son, haha -- looks like me but doesnt have a gote). 5) Also, I was wondering if a 2007 Katerra ( has a 110cc Loncin engine ), is a Clone from the Honda Clymer made around the Trike era ?? Thanks

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
What's up RamIT222 <--- cool name! I'm Nick!

I don't even own any 110cc 4-strokes, but it already sounds like you are right, rings sounds like what I would pick, "Oil Control" ??

Blitz and Glenn, and any of the other 4-stroke GURU's will no doubt be able to answer your question!

Hopefully they'll wake up soon! <-- wait, I mean come post... :p

ps, I do "Some" automotive, and Diesel stuff too, currently finishing up Tech Certs in each!

EPR is pretty cool too, he did lots of Diesel stuff too!

ps

sorry to "Jack Your Thread" but, could you please read this thread of mine, I'm creating my own automotive / diesel training material, and am in desperate need of feedback in the form of beta testers, basically all you would need to do is watch a few short videos and then say, dude, that worked, it made sense to me and I think it might make sense to newbies too, or, dude, YOU got it wrong, maybe try it like this... thanks!

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/f118/im-looking-beta-testers-61018.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts