Pocketbike Forum banner

chopper bike ?'s

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  EPR 
#1 ·
i bought a 49cc chopper bike made by SunL it is model slc-516

i was wondering if this bike was worth messing with, the guy i bought it from owned it for 2 years he was around 300-350 and needless to say the chain was stretched 2 links, but other than that i dont see much wrong with it, yet it still looks like a new bike...

#2 ·
Well, if you like to have fun, then YES!!!!!

it's not gonna be super fast, but they are tons of fun to bash around on, and if something goes wrong, it's cheap to fix, and if you fall off the bike, you are already close to the ground so it's not as bad as a full size bike crash.

But, I love the slower bikes too, just ride on an extra windy "track"

#4 · (Edited)
wel ifixed the chain it is a #40 chain,

and then to find out the rear end was shifting side to side making the chain loose and tight and skipping teeth.... so now in the prosess of enginering a sleeve to fix it will post pictures after while...

this is my little girl sitting on the bike with her biker face....

#8 ·
i was looking around, and this bike looks dead on the FS516
what is the difference, my motor size is stamped on the side of the jug it says 49cm3

so im guessing a 49cc
they say they only run 30 tops the time i rode mine with it running like dirt it was going 35-40 thats with it bogging out and having to hold throttle back to 3/4

#10 · (Edited)
Yo, my mini chopper came with an 50cc motor, now it has an 110cc terminator engine!
It's not for racing, more like cruising around town!

P.S.
Old Pic, Still Quick,
Mid-Bikes & Choppers Click!

Ghost Ridah and
The Harley Davidson of Pocket Bikes

#12 ·
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND PARTS FOR THE CHASSIS,

I NEED THE CENTER SPROCKET WHERE THE TWO CHAINS MEET AND ALSO THE WHOLE SHAFT THAT THE REAR END PIVITS ON AND CAN SEEM TO FIND THEM ANY WHERE,,,also could someone steer me in the direction to a better front sprocket to go faster?????

#19 ·
Hey hog pocket rocket! I have a chopper just like that. Exactly just mine is gold with flames! I got some ?'s. Is urs a loncin motor? If so were to I find my cc size the sticker is worn off of mine? And any ideas on how to make it faster other then carb adjust and sprocket change? And u no were to get a rear 26 tooth sprocket?? Any help wood b awesome! Thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.