Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have one of those mini harley choppers its either a apc or electra or xscooter. Do not know! I figured out the electrical since no key switch or fuse or starter solinoid. I replaced the coil that was shot. Literally fried plastic melted and wiring. Carb was leaking. Rebuilt carb put new gaskets on intake and carb. Its getting gas and spark. I get a one poof thats it evan with starter fluid the oil gas mix is perfect fresh. I diconnected the kill wiring on it just in case new spark plug gapped along with coil air gap proper. Only thing im thinking is compression loss. It sat for 3 yrs so thinking gaskets cracked or rust scoring cylinder or rings bad. Previous owner said it ran before he hacked it it looks like 40 cc to 49 cc 2 stroke chinese made red and black plastics. Any help or suggestions would help greatly.

·
Registered
316 Posts
rlongdenjr,
Sounds like you have checked all the obvious. As long as the spark is strong and its getting fuel it should be starting. Without it running its a bit difficult to check for air leaks. Visually inspect the crank seals, intake gaskets, make sure the p hole isn't blocked and the gaskets are lined up correctly. Also look for any oil around the case and cylinder gaskets. If any of these are bad or incorrect its not going to be easy to start.

Chinese carbs don't seem to take well to rebuilds and depending on the version may not be adjusted correctly or simply not adjustable. The "new" coil could be bad as well, try reducing the spark plug gap to a minimum. sometimes this works if the spark is weak.

Carburetor adjustment guide here may help:
http://www.sdscooters.com/Tech/Gas_Scooter_Carburetor.html

Hugh
SDscooters

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sd scooters. The carb use a walbro rebuild kit complete with new hardware. Low speed needle is adjustable. 15 mm carb. Its seems to be adjusted right. But not sure cause its not starting. I swapped rebuilt with new carb i was using on another scooter. Still nothing but a puff white smoke like its trying. The coil is good get nice strong spark blue white. Only thing is to think motor rebuild. I have a friend coming over with compression gauge. To see if i have enough compression. Any other thoughts please keep them coming.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
its the mini chopper with two wheels in the back looks like a small version of the harley and it has the fake plastic motor in the front and on the motor it says gsmoon if that isn't enough then let me know and I will up load a pic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts