Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I was at my local corner store buying some tins and this guy was selling some stuff in the back. I went over and took a look and saw this bike and rode it a few times, fell in love with it, now i own it and know nothing about it. I payed $50 for it which i though was a steal but i really have no idea. I figured at the very least it can be a fun summer project. It has been spray painted many times but can anyone figure out what kind of bike it is? i can upload more pictures if needed.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Welcome to the Planet....................$50 bux is a pretty good deal for the APC X1 Ninja you bought............I have a few of those too..............They have some potential to be a very strong and stout bike.... Your bike will most likely have a 43cc engine

It just takes time hanging out with us at PBP to learn how....oh yeah a bit of cash aswell but alot of mods are basically free if youre willing to put in the time and do the work........Lots of luck and fun rides with it

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Nice Score Dude, will help you make a Wild Ride, with just a few simple tools and some hand labor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, from the positive feedback i feel better about our purchase. Turns out it has a 100cc motor which makes it even better. We gutted it yesterday and were now sanding it and replacing a few things. But when we had it running it would run perfect then when we release the throttle it stalls. Can anyone shed some light on rhat?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If it has that 19mm piston carb, the idle jet and main jet are probably dirty. If it sat with gas in it for along time, the stuff in gas can gum up clogging everything, just like the bathroom sink. Take it apart, take the float bowl off, clean every thing set the float arms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm I wish I knew my way around an engine.. I'll give it a good cleaning for sure. And uh make sure all the screws are tight. Is brake cleaner safe to use on these engines?

And where is the best place to buy parts? I was looking for new plastics, some headlight stuff, electrical components for rear lights and blinkers?

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
Thats not a 100cc engine Cam2 knows what hes taliking about. The100cc's is actually the amount of oil the tranny holds. They are a fun bike. They have alot of potential. Cam2 knows how to squeeze the power out of them. Good luck and nice score.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Thats not a 100cc engine Cam2 knows what hes taliking about.
The 100cc's is actually the amount of oil the tranny holds. They are a fun bike. They have alot of potential.
Cam2 knows how to squeeze the power out of them. Good luck and nice score.
But the "Transmission" is a part of the "power-train" so I say go for it, Call it a 100cc (of oil) powered bike!

Just Kidding! :p:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts