Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got married last weekend when my new BB motor showed up so havent had much time to mess around with the new setup. Bought a really nice motor of a member on here, bolted it up and it fired right up. Took it out today and went to ride it, reved to the hill and would barely move.. next thing I know..burnt smell...clutch. Well.., tore the bell housing off to find a red spring HP clutch. Now it is burnt to nothing.. did I do something wrong? now im not gonna lie, Im def not a little kid riding one of these pocket bikes, im tipping the scales around the 230 range, so is there a better clutch out there? What i dont understand is my stock motor with stock 3 puck clutch never gave me a problem, get this new BB motor and wham... 3min later i burn the clutch up..

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Got married last weekend when my new BB motor showed up so havent had much time to mess around with the new setup.
You get to "Come back over" and start playing again after only one week?

Your WIFE IS A KEEPER!!!!!

:p

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

:p
hahah... yeah she was ok with it too.. even joined with me in the garage while i tried to pull the clutch off.. shes a keeper for sure!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
The new wife needs some new toys too! Don't leave her out of "The Fun" !!!

Nice Corvette by the way, But the little bike will get you into LESS Trouble!

Thanks for the Super Cool Posts and Picture!

You Guys ROCK!

Nicky.

ps

What College is your wife a fan of? I can't see the beginning of the logo! :p:thumbsup:

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
no its not.. would like to send it off to him when I get a chance, but for now would like to get it running as is for the time being.
Well there goes that theory on the ruined clutch................If you could post pics of it that could maybe clear up why it happened.......My guess would be the pads are sticking or you were slipping the heck out of the clutch trying to ride easy.............With a hp clutch spring you have to be aggressive on the throttle...............

Nice Vette Gl72...I have a way older one Im in the process of rebuilding along with a GTO...........

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Does the Clutch bell seem to be "Glazed" ? like on the brakes of that corvette from hitting those corners so dang fast!

Sandpaper might be all that is needed! <--- the clutch bell needs to be "Sticky" or we just get "slippage"

Nick.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Got married last weekend when my new BB motor showed up so havent had much time to mess around with the new setup.

hahah... yeah she was ok with it too.. even joined with me in the garage while i tried to pull the clutch off.. shes a keeper for sure!
Married one week, back to the bike the next ... Well, at least he's got his priorities straight .... :D Lucky man (and pretty woman!)

Now you know she's going to want something to ride, too .....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha you guys crack me up, the wife wants a stand up scooter so im gonna try and find one for her (some reason she doenst trust the pocket bikes...) The clutch did glaze the cog inside but what glazed was the plastic squares that bolt up next to the springs... I dont get it.. gonna put the stock clutch back in for now..

Oh.. and Nick.. its a Kent State shirt shes wearing..

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I got (Some) of my education at a community college in CA named Palomar,

But the rest of it I found in a bag on the side of the road one day!

Never went to grade school, skipped high school too. I thought I would end up being "Anti-Social" <---dang you shrinks!

But I can look back and laugh about some of the "silly" things those "Doctors" said to me when I was a cute little kid...

A picture of me as a kid driving an excavator is on it's way soon! <---Camera charging right now, scanner is "Broken" <---my cell phone is old and it's camera is crappy!

Nicky! :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got (Some) of my education at a community college in CA named Palomar,

But the rest of it I found in a bag on the side of the road one day!

Never went to grade school, skipped high school too. I thought I would end up being "Anti-Social" <---dang you shrinks!

But I can look back and laugh about some of the "silly" things those "Doctors" said to me when I was a cute little kid...

A picture of me as a kid driving an excavator is on it's way soon! <---Camera charging right now, scanner is "Broken" <---my cell phone is old and it's camera is crappy!

Nicky! :):thumbsup:
I hear ya buddy, I tried going to college after high school but decided it didnt work for me. So after many years of working in retail I decided to leave it all behind and get into the Trades. Now Im a Union Sheet Metal worker or HVAC as most of you would know it as..Love it though and provides me with many oppurtunities..

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Here is the first picture of me posted on this site (in 1986 I think) and no even though we we're posing, that does not mean we we're not WORKING (looking for gold!) wanna see the homemade wash-plant? or a cool old dump truck doing a Wheelie?

Nicky.

ps

Sorry for the blurry snap shot, I'm drinking some Starbucks! <---I paid half price for!

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the first picture of me posted on this site (in 1986 I think) and no even though we we're posing, that does not mean we we're not WORKING (looking for gold!) wanna see the homemade wash-plant? or a cool old dump truck doing a Wheelie?

Nicky.

ps

Sorry for the blurry snap shot, I'm drinking some Starbucks! <---I paid half price for!
haha.. Nice! doing work huh? heres me on top of a Mechanical Room that were building for a hospital..and no I wouldnt dare to drink a Starbucks while doing this hehe..

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
haha.. Nice! doing work huh? heres me on top of a Mechanical Room that were building for a hospital..and no I wouldnt dare to drink a Starbucks while doing this hehe..

I bet O.S.H.A. would love to see this one! dang'it Google, do not index that last picture! haha

ps, just scored some design work for arb.ca.gov google those silly dudes! might be a little bit "Busy" for the next week or so!

Nicky.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bet O.S.H.A. would love to see this one! dang'it Google, do not index that last picture! haha

ps, just scored some design work for arb.ca.gov google those silly dudes! might be a little bit "Busy" for the next week or so!

Nicky.
haha.. well if you look closely I do have a harness on.. thats the yellow strap coming down my shoulder.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
haha.. well if you look closely I do have a harness on.. thats the yellow strap coming down my shoulder.
Yes, but was it tethered to anything other than you?

I can Photoshop that yellow out for you! It will look "Cooler" :cool:

Do NOT try that at home Kids!

Nicky.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
haha you guys crack me up, the wife wants a stand up scooter so im gonna try and find one for her (some reason she doenst trust the pocket bikes...) The clutch did glaze the cog inside but what glazed was the plastic squares that bolt up next to the springs... I dont get it.. gonna put the stock clutch back in for now..

Oh.. and Nick.. its a Kent State shirt shes wearing..
Keep checking craigslist ... scooters and pb's show up on occasion, and you can get some REALLY good deals. Someone on the Tucson, AZ, craigslist is selling a Riot offroad goped for $600, which normally retails for over a grand ... (No, I'm NOT getting it! I haven't even started working on my motorized skateboard yet!)

Well, at least we know he's only crazy, and not stupid, Nick .... he should fit in just fine here.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Keep checking craigslist ... scooters and pb's show up on occasion, and you can get some REALLY good deals. Someone on the Tucson, AZ, craigslist is selling a Riot offroad goped for $600, which normally retails for over a grand ... (No, I'm NOT getting it! I haven't even started working on my motorized skateboard yet!)

Well, at least we know he's only crazy, and not stupid, Nick .... he should fit in just fine here.
no sir, when it comes to safety im all business.. I do have an question for you guys though, I got to changing the clutch out last night and it has seemed to solve that issue...just put stock clutch back in and runs ok... Now after about 5-10 mins of riding I start to lose all power and I can hear compression coming out from what sound between the 2 piece head.. I am assuming that after a couple heat cycles it would be wise to check the head bolts, but you know what they say about assuming... I know a head leak would cause lack of power do to no compression but would this also be why I cant full throttle it? when I give it full throttle it just boggs way down and wont throttle any more..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts