Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently bought this bike for me and my kids and recently started hearing a noise like the chain hitting the chain cover on the back finally the chain came out I adjusted the chain again but it kept doing the noise and then it came out again can someone help me fix it

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi I recently bought this bike for me and my kids and recently started hearing a noise like the chain hitting the chain cover on the back finally the chain came out I adjusted the chain again but it kept doing the noise and then it came out again can someone help me fix it
Check and make sure the long black metal chain guard is not bent in towards the chain. When I first got mine the chain guard was bent in from shipping and it was hitting the chain and making an awful noise. I simply bent it back with pliers and it works fine now. Also make sure the chain is tight or it can 'fly up' and hit the metal guard as well. If you can't adjust your chain tensioner any more you could loosen up the engine mounting bolts and slide the engine forward. Just make sure when you tighten the bolts back down you go in a x pattern or your engine could come lose from all the vibration...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I adjusted both the engine and the tensioner and try it with out the cover and it keeps doing the noice apparently from the back sprocket and the chain keeps jumping off I also notice that even when I adjusted everything the chain looks very wobbly

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi I adjusted both the engine and the tensioner and try it with out the cover and it keeps doing the noice apparently from the back sprocket and the chain keeps jumping off I also notice that even when I adjusted everything the chain looks very wobbly
The next thing I would check is if the sprocket is bent/warped and if it’s tightly secured with the six bolts. If the bolts are loose, I would use some loctite thread locker and then tighten them down good. Do you have the stock 75 tooth sprocket on there? If you changed to a smaller sprocket it could be misaligned or if the sprocket is for a different chain size I guess that could cause some issues as well.

also, make sure your chain isn’t crazy tight, it should have a little bit of play up and down maybe about a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. If you’re chain is way to tight it could snap or start skipping on the sprocket teeth and cause issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi sorry I had a lot of stuff going on well I have the stock sprocket I will check if it is bent when I adjusted I moved the engine and put the tensior at it's slowest tension though it was jumping before and after I adjusted chain is a little dirty il clean it to I will let you know how is everything going

1 - 5 of 5 Posts