Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. New here, I just bought my grandson a CC100X bike. The carburetor doesn't seem to have any needle valve adjustments and the bike after running well for about an hour and a half keeps stalling. I pulled the plug and it's black running very rich and because this thing doesn't seem to have a fuel filter I think something may be in the carb. I put fresh clean fuel in it so if anything is in it, it was in the fuel system from the factory. Is there a better carb that can be adapted without too much trouble and where can I buy one.
Thanks

·
Administrator
3,630 Posts
I have had three of them cross my path and I have had nothing but bad experiences with all of them.

More than likely the clog is in the fuel shut off assembly but if you disassemble that part it will leak!

Try to contact Coleman for warranty and get another carburetor make sure you take pictures and note all of the throttle control springs for the governor and everything and be careful not to stretch the springs my personal opinion is don't waste your time and just straight swap it with a 79cc predator engine from harbor freight.

Someone may chime in and have a better option for you unfortunately I don't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. On further inspection I think the plastic cam gear has a tooth or two missing. As I turn the engine over the exhaust valve snaps shut as it's closing. I pulled the rocker off to see if the valve was sticking and it moves freely. I think the best thing here is to replace the engine with a 79cc Preditor as you suggested. I bought this bike on sale and kept it in the box well past the warranty period because my grandson was a little too young for it. Took it out of the box a couple of days ago and he rode it for about an hour and a half before it quit. Hi Sun engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a Preditor today and installed it on the bike. Works well. Everything I needed from the old engine fit the new one except the bolt holes on the shaft side of the new Preditor were 5/16 fine thread yet all the other fasteners on the motor were metric. The Original motor was all metric.

·
Administrator
3,630 Posts
That's great the predator is almost a direct swap. And if you purchase the extra warranty from harbor freight you can always take the engine back if you have a problem 😏

1 - 5 of 5 Posts