Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to check in and see how many of you guys live in Columbus? Post a reply and let us know of where you like to ride. Leave some info so we can get in contact and ride sometime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I live in columbus and I usually ride my pb in parking lot behind the $1 movie theatre (Carriage place) in Bethel Road. I have nobody else riding there though :(

Let's get together some weekend and ride ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew I read that on here before the site went down. I scoped it out the other day, you sure it's cool to ride there? Day or night? You can email me at [email protected] and we'll make plans to ride soon. Now if we can just get the other guys that were on here before the site went down, we could get something going here in columbus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure whether it's okay or not ... I do not know who to call in that place. But I know occasionally there's a cop waiting there speed checking the passing vehicle on pickforde drive ... since the speed limit is only 25MPH.
Bummer I don't remember the other guy's name and or his email ... :(

Btw in Metroplace North Road (Dublin, behind Max & Erma's and Graeters Ice Cream) there's one parking lot that is newly paved, and since the building is empty, there's no car parking in there yet. And I can get a hold of the management of this office for permission. I think I can get him/her ... If I have the permission let's do it there. How far are you from Dublin Area?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rs125r said:
Honestly, I'm not sure whether it's okay or not ... I do not know who to call in that place. But I know occasionally there's a cop waiting there speed checking the passing vehicle on pickforde drive ... since the speed limit is only 25MPH.
Bummer I don't remember the other guy's name and or his email ... :(

Btw in Metroplace North Road (Dublin, behind Max & Erma's and Graeters Ice Cream) there's one parking lot that is newly paved, and since the building is empty, there's no car parking in there yet. And I can get a hold of the management of this office for permission. I think I can get him/her ... If I have the permission let's do it there. How far are you from Dublin Area?
I live right near OSU campus. I've been riding at the Crew Stadium, the parkin glot is freaking huge and there's not very many cars there except on game day. The only people there are the Crew team practicing occasionally. I have the okay to ride there except for event days, just have to wear a helmet. I work in Dublin so I'm in that area every day. My email is [email protected] , maybe we can ride sometime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sent you an email ... want to do it this weekend? Btw do you have some orange cones? If not, probably we need to get some to set up the track. Do you know if there is any event on the crew stadium?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just rode with Dan last night in the Crew stadium parking lot ... we rode for about 40 minutes until a state trooper came and ask us to stop :( ... no tickets nor warnings issued for both of us though :) ... we really need to get some kind of paper permit perhaps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hear there is a new inside track opening in Newark. I hear they will be opening in the next week or two. I think they will have races, but am not sure. Maybe you could check with my son he told me about it. His email is [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Inside Track Open In Newark

A New Inside Track Is Opening In Newark, Oh. It Is Next Door To The Ymca

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow! My son and I started a Cag class at Circleville Raceway Park at the end of the summer and it is great to see others in Columbus into this! My son and I (he's 130lbs and I'm 200) both have Cag's and love them. Circleville is closed for the winter but the track owner is letting us form a class for next year to be run on the same days as the Karts run (right now it is about 12 Kart classes and us... a single 47cc Cag class... no weight breakdowns so us fat guys race with the kids! It is an absolute blast as there are always plenty of spectors and the Kart guys love to watch us in the pits and track.
The only rules are bike must remain stock pipe, carb, engine guts... with mods allowed to the gearing. We want to keep the cost sane... unlike the $5,000 I had in my Briggs Kart when I raced Karts there...
Safety Equipment...Snell Helmet, Gloves, Elbow and Knee protection (mx stuff works great... Iron Pony has the best deals in town), and numbers on front fairing/rear tail, and a decent set of shoes.
Hey, we need to stay in practice... Where is the track in Newark? We'll be there this weekend! email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Baemel Racing said:
Wow! My son and I started a Cag class at Circleville Raceway Park at the end of the summer and it is great to see others in Columbus into this! My son and I (he's 130lbs and I'm 200) both have Cag's and love them. Circleville is closed for the winter but the track owner is letting us form a class for next year to be run on the same days as the Karts run (right now it is about 12 Kart classes and us... a single 47cc Cag class... no weight breakdowns so us fat guys race with the kids! It is an absolute blast as there are always plenty of spectors and the Kart guys love to watch us in the pits and track.
The only rules are bike must remain stock pipe, carb, engine guts... with mods allowed to the gearing. We want to keep the cost sane... unlike the $5,000 I had in my Briggs Kart when I raced Karts there...
Safety Equipment...Snell Helmet, Gloves, Elbow and Knee protection (mx stuff works great... Iron Pony has the best deals in town), and numbers on front fairing/rear tail, and a decent set of shoes.
Hey, we need to stay in practice... Where is the track in Newark? We'll be there this weekend! email me at [email protected]
Yeah can`t wait!When you have dates post them!(even to know the seaon is still about 2-3 months away).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Circleville Raceway Race date set...

Hi!

We have started a stock Cag class at Circleville Raceway Park and the first race is April 10th (practice starts at 9am, first race is usually at around 1pm). Stock is the USMGP definition... Any tire, Stock carb, stock jug and piston with no mods allowed to them, stock pipe. You are allowed any air cleaner, pipe silencer mods allowed, any gearing changes OK.

We are there with all the other normal Kart classes that run that day so you are assured of a couple of hundred people watching. We had 5 riders in our stock Cag class last year and it was a blast! My son has a Cagami as well and we are hoping to have riders of the 6-10hp bikes show up as well to for a second, or 3rd class! There are about 18 dates set through out the summer so please check their website for additional dates.

Circleville Raceway is right off 23 and they love to have pocket bikes show up for practice as well. Thursday and Friday afternoons are best. If you go call me and we'll show up to!

Take care,
Bob 614-877-4769

1 - 14 of 14 Posts