Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have a Cateye and I have a bunch of wires all over the place and have no idea where on the motor the starter even attaches.. can anyone tell me what it looks like? Also does anyone have a good wiring diagram? I was looking all over and couldn't get one

·
Registered
70 Posts
First off I have a Cateye and I have a bunch of wires all over the place and have no idea where on the motor the starter even attaches.. can anyone tell me what it looks like? Also does anyone have a good wiring diagram? I was looking all over and couldn't get one

I have the same prob too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
All these 49cc piston port engines with electric starter housing & all the junk that goes with it, will keep your pockets empty. You can gut the housing of the arm wiring and magnets put the center shaft back on the end of the crank shaft. Put your starter paw on and the black starter housing w/ pull rope back on and hand start it. I took the whole housing off a new engine, put a taper inside the back of the round starter paw hole to move it back on the crank taper to clear the pins in the black plastic cover.
You have an under 3hp engine, all that extra weight is robbing horsepower from your rear tire. The lights and wiring all give out in a couple of years. My X18 runs off a dead battery and stator.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I want to keep the lights and electric starter intact because once i get this cateye running and in good condition i plan on selling it to trade up for a better bike. Just having a bad time getting this engine running. Hope it wasnt a bad investment. After pulling it 1 million times i just find electric start a little easier lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.