Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a used 43cc super razorback. I would like to convert it to thumb throttle. Can anyone link me to the parts needed. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
You might need to mod the end of your cable but scooter cabeles are really long if you want to replace the cable it whould be a mountain bike brake cable

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
search on eBay, 110cc-125cc 4 stroke quad ATV thumb throttle, you need a cable that fits it. All handle bars are 7/8" / 22mm. On my 125cc ATV I took the the thumb throttle off and put a twist throttle. The thumb throttle is hard to control smoothly for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I been riding ATVS my hole life so I’m not a big fan of twist. I also think tumb is safer for my kids I seen a lot of people on dirt bikes start to fall off and when the try and pull themselves up with the handlebars they wind up holding it wide open and then crash hard

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
lmao haven't you ever gotten numb thumb on extended rides a lot of people have broken their thumbs during crashes because of the thumb throttle that's why they don't put them on motorcycles

A scooter should actually use a BMX bike brake lever most of the time what makes you crash are big *** potholes and stuff this jams the handlebars towards you probably not the best thing for a thumb throttle

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
For your kids it might work better. Been riding motorcycles for decades, hard to change to a thumb throttle now, lol. Plus the fact my throttle is wide open most of the time, hurts my thumb and hard to hang on to the handle bars without my thumb, when your sliding sideways out of the corner.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Yea I been riding ATVS my hole life so I’m not a big fan of twist. I also think tumb is safer for my kids I seen a lot of people on dirt bikes start to fall off and when the try and pull themselves up with the handlebars they wind up holding it wide open and then crash hard
Left handed throttle put on the right hand....twist forwards instead of backwards and when the bike tries to get shifty the only thing that can happen is the throttle shuts off..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts