Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Where did you get the Engine Ice from, need some for the Banshee if I put it on the track. Does Water Wetter or Ice have anything added to keep the alum from corroding.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
At a Honda dealership EPR. But I would think any dealership would carry it. So give your locals a call. I'd would think both has and additive to protect the aluminum.

If you live where it freezes in the winter Id use engine Ice as its a anti freeze also. WaterWetter is Just a coolant so in warm areas you can get away with it

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Little bikes arent the only ones that have to run water w/water wetter at the track..........The 1/8 and quarter milers have to use it too....http://www.summitracing.com/search/...SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Default&autoview=SKU

Any autoparts store will carry a cooling system additive....Ive used water wetter for years in my dragcars and it hasnt failed me yet and I run engines punched out .080" and .100" oversize with the water jackets half filled with bloc-fil to keep the cylinders from bowing ........I can drive them on the street anytime anywhere to compete in dragweek events.....

Plain tap or distilled water doesnt cut it somedays when its humid out unless you run a 16psi pressure cap and that pressurizes your system pretty high and puts a huge strain on hoses and the waterpump.........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yeah, going to have to get some, for the Banshee, before I put it back together, the rod end is real rough have to polish it and put the new parts and ADA head on and it's ready to go.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Water wetter is not an anti-freeze, so if it snows and ice where live in the winter, and its in a shed might want to store with green auto anti-freeze. Then change it if you go on a track cause you can't race with it, cause if it gets on the track, is hard to clean, and it's not Green enviromentally either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.