Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to pocket bikes and love them so far. I have a cat eye but its not much on performance. I'm going to be moving to Tampa Fl. next summer and I want to get into racing pocket bikes on a regular basis. I have riden a few cags but they dont really suit me all that well even though they can be purchased for a pretty good price. I'm finding lots of bikes for sale but I'm not really sure which ones to consider for seriour racing. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I'm pretty new to pocket bikes and love them so far. I have a cat eye but its not much on performance. I'm going to be moving to Tampa Fl. next summer and I want to get into racing pocket bikes on a regular basis. I have riden a few cags but they dont really suit me all that well even though they can be purchased for a pretty good price. I'm finding lots of bikes for sale but I'm not really sure which ones to consider for seriour racing. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
I would say something Water-Cooled, some of the China bikes are fast enough to race in the proddy classes, (close to 7hp) but sometimes with the 5-port engines the leagues want to toss you in the "open" class, NOT FUN!!!

If you get a Blata or the china Clone, I will help you to get it all tuned up and ready to race! mine will do power wheelies if I'm not leaning way forwards...

My clutch doesn't even start to open till 8000RPM, and I can confirm, it is lots of FUN!

Nick.

·
Registered
898 Posts
im with nick........get a w/c bike if ur going racing.......or a midbike those are LOTS of fun at the track.
good luck, and have fun in FL! i lived in Ft Myers for awhile!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
im with nick........get a w/c bike if ur going racing.......or a midbike those are LOTS of fun at the track.
good luck, and have fun in FL! i lived in Ft Myers for awhile!
Mid-Bikes are super cool! 4-stroke engines with gears! heck yeah!

·
Registered
898 Posts
mine dosent have gears....... :( buuuuuut it was CHEAP so i bought it! lolol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should I look into getting a certain bike to be in a class or just get.what I'm comfortable with and go with it.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Should I look into getting a certain bike to be in a class or just get.what I'm comfortable with and go with it.
It just depends on what you want to do, and what the others around are doing, if you are serious about racing and there is a league to join, read up on their classes, usually they do a cag (china class) a proddy (air cooled and close to 6hp) a super proddy class (usually liquid cooled 3-ports) and an open class 50cc or less and 5 or 6 ports.

For racing and getting a knee down, the little bikes are super fun 6.5" wheels, but with the stall clutch it is setup for all or nothing, pretty much... The Mid-bikes with the Honda clone 4-stroke engine and the 4-speed transmission is much better for cruising around on, and just riding, it is larger, has shocks, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts