Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of an available conversion to get rid of the pulley and belt setup? i know there are ways to avoid slippage in the cvt, but lets face it, in the end its still a smooth pulley and a rubber belt.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah i guess it would. but then the bike will be SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWW hahaha

i like the extra speed i get because of the cvt (i used to have a non-cvt). but maybe a sprocket upgrade on the non-cvt tranny might be the answer? hmmm. something to think about. that would look pretty trick having an open tranny box on the right side of the bike with a big front sprocket.

but then the next prob will be if the fly wheel and clutch can handle the pressure.

im thinking too much. its starting to hurt. must. stop. think...ing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is there a tensioner somewhere? Or do you have to yank the pulley with the belt over enough to mount?

Its a tight spot, so I cant imagine it would be easy to replace.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the tip. i dont know where i can get the pulleys sand blasted, but ill try scuffing it with some sandpaper instead.

pentax, i believe u have to pull the pulleys off to get the belt off. you have to pull the whole cvt tranny off the motor to get the pulleys off tho, so u can hold both sides of it with a wrench.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
why not remove the entire cvt tranny and bolt on a cateyes flywheel/clutch/sprocket? same engines so it should bolt right up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wont be able to switch them out withouth remounting the motor mount brackets. the motor sits a little forward with the cvt tranny because its longer than the old x1 tranny. dunno how it would comply with the cateye tranny though, but i dont really trust it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just get a toothless belt (more belt to pulley surface area) the same size as the "short" CVT belt, and it should'nt slip at all...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts