Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I'm just starting a restoration on a Dandy pocketbike here in the UK.

Only thing missing is the front fairing.

It's a long shot I know, but does anybody know of a spare for sale anywhere?

Thanks
Tony:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply - I've dropped the guy a message about it. I think it would cost a fortune to ship the whole bike to the UK though?

I'd give him half of what he wants for the whole bike just for the fairing :)

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I'm just starting a restoration on a Dandy pocketbike here in the UK.

Only thing missing is the front fairing.

It's a long shot I know, but does anybody know of a spare for sale anywhere?

Thanks
Check these dudes out......................Welcome to the Forum BTW...http://www.angelfire.com/id/MiniMoto/PBdandy.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, I messaged them earlier today but after reading the thread from the guy who was rebuilding one recently I'm not holding out much hope of a reply tbh.

Thanks also for the welcome, I've been a member in here since 2006 but haven't done much posting until now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the link, I messaged them earlier today but after reading the thread from the guy who was rebuilding one recently I'm not holding out much hope of a reply tbh.

Thanks also for the welcome, I've been a member in here since 2006 but haven't done much posting until now.
ever get a reply from Gabriel at minimotomadness?

if not I guess we should start a "needs Dandy front fairing" club :)

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I would look online and stores with phones to find body work. X7-X18 bodies would fit the frame, it's side body & rear body seat mounts that may not line up perfect with your frame. Might have to make a few simple brackets to fit the frame mounts to body mount holes.
Online try pocketbikeparts, scooterparts4less, and minipocketrockets and see what they have, some have phones, so you can ask questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got an email reply from Gabriel and he said he has the windscreen & front fairing....I might actually get my Dandy 100% completed one of these days!
That's fantastic news - Did you actually get your parts in the end from him?

I messaged him about the front fairing and he replied straight away saying he had 2 types, so I thanked him and sent a picture of my bike to make sure I got the right one. Never heard anything back from him after that despite several polite messages?

Might give him another try if he is back online again.

Thanks again for the replies.:D

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You got to find him, that is a very rare part. If he don't answer, ask CG admin here, and see if they can contact him, cause they have his private e-mail, but they can't give it to you.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
ever get a reply from Gabriel at minimotomadness?

if not I guess we should start a "needs Dandy front fairing" club :)
Id ask who has the injection mold of the bodykit to see if it can be bought and produce about 100 for sale to start............Dandy isnt your run of the mill chinese manufactured pocketbike...It has a place in pocketbike history way early and be of Japanese descent......That alone makes the task worth it.

I tried converting 83/84 Olds Cutlass Calais models into 83 and 84 Hurst Oldsmobiles but found out Olds broke the molds for the parts to prevent fraudulent reproductions but luckily found guy in Rancho Cucamunga Ca who invested in making the reproduction pieces on his own using his originals as the examplars and then selling them for a tidy profit..............

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just another quick update - Gabriel got back to me and pointed out several other pieces I was missing off it too including engine top mount and a rear chain tensioner that I had no idea was missing.

Anyway - he sent me a price, I've paid and hopefully the parts are making their way over the Altantic as we speak.:D

Hopefully report back with some pictures shortly. Thanks again for everybody's help and advice by the way.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right - well after a few weeks delay I finally had a parcel in the hall way when I got home tonight all the way from the good old USA!

The intelligent person at Parcelforce Import centre addressed the import tax bill to No19 Langdale Close instead of No18 where I actually live and where the parcel was addressed to. Thank god Mick across the road finally clicked what the letter was and who it was for!

I can now start stripping it down for powdercoating/spraying etc etc when I can squeeze it in with everything else.

Hopefully have some more pics later tonight of fairing and other parts fitted before strip down :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A few quick pics from tonight before the tear down begins -

Ooooh don't look I'm naked! Not bad for a 40 year old eh ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quick fit up with the new fairing

Now begins the nut/bolt rebuild - will probably take several months with everything else I've got on the go these days but it will get there.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Way to go, found your parts, winters coming, will have time to work on it, I have 3 projects going right now, lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.