Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two near perfect shape original DANDY pocket bikes with Rolland RP 40 engines. One has chambered exhaust and smooth bore carb and optional front fender. other is completely original. clutch, tires, engine, everything is in perfect shape and all original parts made in japan. what would the value of these bikes be separately. also any information on parts or any information at all will help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Value I can't help with because it's only worth what someone will pay for it and these days I can't see anyone paying more than around $400 maybe $500 if they REALLY wanted a Dandy when they were a kid but I could definitely be wrong.

As far as parts, I'm rebuilding a Dandy MR-40 right now and I found a dealer in Cali who says he has a pretty nice selection of NOS Dandy parts and going by my searches, he's pretty much the only guy who has any so if you need something from him PM me and I'll send you his info, his parts list should hopefully arrive to me today.

Upoload some pics if you can, I'd love to see a mint original...did I see one of yours on youtube? in a glass case?

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Two near perfect shape original DANDY pocket bikes with Rolland RP 40 engines. One has chambered exhaust and smooth bore carb and optional front fender. other is completely original. clutch, tires, engine, everything is in perfect shape and all original parts made in japan. what would the value of these bikes be separately. also any information on parts or any information at all will help.

$ 350,000.00 !!!!!!

Okay, maybe not.

I really hate these kinds of threads, I really do. Someone new comes on the forum, says hey, I've got this kind of bike, what's it worth? Bottom line: it's worth whatever someone will pay for it. Someone who wants a vintage pocketbike in all-original mint conition may pay quite a bit for it, while someone else who wants a cheap deal will only offer you something like fifty bucks. It all depends on how much you think the bike should be worth, how much the other person is willing to put up for it, and whether or not the two of you can negotiate a fair comprimise between the two.

What I would do is research the bike - contact nubee there for that Dandy parts dealer in California - and find out as much as you can about them: when they first started production, how many were made, general specs on the bike ... stuff like that. You may also be able to find out how much a brand-new Dandy sold for right out of the box, and base your price off that.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Wow, nice catch. There's an old sidecar rig - haven't seen one of those in ages. Any chance on enlarging the picturs with the text on them so it's readable?

And what are YOU doing looking at Penthouse, anyway .......? Oh, yeah, looking at the articles ...:p

·
Registered
211 Posts
...all those times I've told my wife "I buy em for the reading", who would have thought there's actually reading material in there.

I'll try to resize them when I get to my office or crop the text area.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think we're talking to someone who made a single post and is now gone...but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello nubee420, I have a Dandy MR40 with a busted flywheel and missing pull start casing, I was wondering if you could send me the info for the guy you found in cali, if he is still around? I would really appreciate it, I can't find these parts anywhere!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont kow if this thread is dead yet but i do have 2 just like what the original post specs were. i am looking for information and would be glad to post pics if anyone can help

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Hang on to them, never going to make them again, and if you sell them, don't give them away for chump change.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't start restoring it if you were planning on doing so...I'm 90% done restoring mine, Gabriel from Minimotomadness now won't return my emails or calls so he's either out of the dandy business or he doesn't have parts for them anymore, either way it's not cool to simply not respond to someone who spent a couple hundred on parts already. Only parts I need to be 100% complete are the the front fairing & windscreen.

I agree with poster above, just keep them.

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
The best part is the gas tank it behind the seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Value I can't help with because it's only worth what someone will pay for it and these days I can't see anyone paying more than around $400 maybe $500 if they REALLY wanted a Dandy when they were a kid but I could definitely be wrong.

As far as parts, I'm rebuilding a Dandy MR-40 right now and I found a dealer in Cali who says he has a pretty nice selection of NOS Dandy parts and going by my searches, he's pretty much the only guy who has any so if you need something from him PM me and I'll send you his info, his parts list should hopefully arrive to me today.

Upoload some pics if you can, I'd love to see a mint original...did I see one of yours on youtube? in a glass case?
What's the guy's name and number for parts 4 aRP40?

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
You have to try and track down Dandy Andy the only info I have for you is his website that's about 20+ years old
MiniMoto Madness Dandy if you view the HTML code you might be able to get some contact info IDK but good luck to you 😉😁

1 - 18 of 18 Posts