Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the scooter area is dead, does no one ride these anymore? :( Anyway, I have been working on a DBX (/gsmoon/whatever chinese junk, its labeled as a DBX) scooter I picked up a while back for $45. The thing was toast when I got it (legitimately looked like it had been thrown off a cliff/purposely destroyed :eek:). The 33cc engine sounded like it had a seriously messed up internal bearing or something so that's gone, it now has a 43cc X1 pocket bike motor that bolted right up! that's all I have so far, pics and updates coming soon :cool:

·
Bicycle with Engine
881 Posts
Sounds like a fun project! I think you're right, nobody has posted in the scooter section for quite a while. I recently acquired one of those razor electric scooters from a friend at my work so my first thought was to put an engine on it, stretch it, lol. I'm planning on making it with X1 wheels and a 43cc or 52cc engine, and maybe a swingarm. Good luck to ya! I might be posting a new thread in this section soon. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to know at least 1 person still messes around with scooters :p I plan on upgrading the chain/sprockets on mine with the stuff from the X1 the motor came from, the stock chain on there is tiny and would probably snap very easily with the more powerful motor. Its also got a crazy custom exhaust now, its a stock X1 pipe/muffler just with the pipe shortened

·
Registered
489 Posts
I scored a Dirt Dog this past week for 50, the sport package that has bmx handle bars, 49cc engine with velocity stack air filter.

Had a broken rear tube, leaky has tank, old fuel lines, play in steering column, steering stem had play.

After a full day working on it I can finally say its almost bullet proof. All these chinese scooters are really not that bad. One needs to finalize the build. Seriously replace most aluminum bolts with steel. Luckily I have jars from when I used to work on Mazda BP engines. It now brakes with the front rotor only. Cut the steering column to almost bmx height. Made a saddle post from the T shape steering. Used a old mtb saddle, replaced fuel lines, replaced the restrictive non adjustable 10mm carb for a 14mm.

It runs pretty good for a 50 dollar scooter and starts within a few cranks. The next thing is replace the knobby with the road style from the electric scooter parts bin. Will post pics when I got time.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice project. I like to mess around with scooters but am still new to this. I have a 43cc DBX stand-on gas scooter I just picked up. I wanted to bolt on a 49cc engine. How do you go about finding the right one?

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Nice project. I like to mess around with scooters but am still new to this. I have a 43cc DBX stand-on gas scooter I just picked up. I wanted to bolt on a 49cc engine. How do you go about finding the right one?
Its not rocket science....post up pics of your engine.....a 49cc piston ported engine will run ya around $130 shipped.....its easier and cheaper changing the top end.......GoodLuck

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
That's the zenoah 40.2cc type engine where the coil mounts to the fancover.....

If it was me I would add some more power to what you already have with a dremel for now and get the 49cc off eBay...I'd also get a new motor.ount too because you'll be modding what ya got to get it to fit most likely..Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I plan on using this to drive around the grass and dirt so I def need more power. I plan on ordering a 49cc engine off eBay soon any recommendations. Also what do you mean add more power with a dremel? And as far as mounts just but a 49cc mount?

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Making the intake and exhaust ports bigger and shaped different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lol that's pretty funny. I see pics of porting the intake and exhaust but not much else. Maybe I'm searching the wrong subject. I just typed port

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
That's it, you can round the alum over the main crank bearings inside the cases for better flow, up the main transfer ports, a good carb and exhaust is also need if you want more RPM's which = Power.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Lol that's pretty funny. I see pics of porting the intake and exhaust but not much else. Maybe I'm searching the wrong subject. I just typed port
It is.........?.............Just putting "port" will yield very little results as its asingle word that has an abundance of generalizations associated with the word..............Heres the threads with pertinent info I generated in .0032 seconds..............I put : "How to port a 2 stroke engine"

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/search.php?searchid=1704618

1 - 15 of 15 Posts