Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grey Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens Camera lens

Hey i've 3D printed myslelf a velocity stack for sha carb.Here's the link if somebody its interested MBK Venturi air box for Dellorto 15" carburetor .I do not own that model,but i modified it a bit and added a "guide pipe"(the orange part on the foto) so the air would go straight into carb's throat(and for nice venturi effect).After taking the rough 3D print i oiled my finger and smoothed it out with some epoxy and then sanded it with 700 grid sandpaper. Haven't tested it yet,i think i will go with filter made of pantyhose,but the carb will surely need jetting.Looking forward to it,maybe it will give the engine a bit of juice in high rpm(i heard that this carb like a bit of resitance but we will see ) :D gonna give you guys some feedback after testing. Cheers!
(choke its removed)
Hand Tire Automotive tire Tread Finger

Hand Wood Gas Thumb Nail

Hand Camera lens Camera accessory Digital camera Reflex camera

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i finally found some time to test it.The power difference isn't massive but you can definitely feel it :D(also it has a nice intake sound).I tested it with 65' size jet (it was a bit rich on the stock filter) and now after a 5 km ride i checked the spark plug,and its running lean.I was able to achive 60km/h (its a minicross with 3:1 transmission and almost stock engine with just the carburetor changed) so i would say its really good.Now i installed a 70' size jet so it shouldnt run lean and have more od power.My dad has a lathe so the future upgrade will propabbly be to lighten the flywheel (i already installed the aluminium 3 shoe clutch) and after that i will try to mess a bit with cylinder porting,change the exhaust,and of course,the membrane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts