Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocky Mountain Mini Moto is starting a demo shifter class this year with the intent of turning it into a points class by next year or sooner!
This has not been updated on the website yet.
There will just be one open class with a maximum of 12" wheels to start until the numbers go up. Maximum engine sizes are 72cc 2-stroke and 125cc 4-stroke with unlimited modifications.
The eventual goal is to end up with two to three classes;
F1-stock 50cc w/c 2-strokes, 60cc a/c 2-strokes, 100cc a/c 4-stroke w/manual clutch and 110cc a/c auto clutch 4-stroke....(oil coolers fine on 4-strokes)

F2-50cc w/c 2-stroke, 60cc a/c 2-stroke, 100cc a/c 4-stroke w/manual clutch and 110cc a/c 4-stroke w/ auto clutch....Unlimited modifications...(oil coolers fine on 4-strokes)

F3-72cc w/c 2-stroke, 125cc a/c 4-stroke...Unlimited modifications...(oil coolers fine on 4-strokes)

Bring the X-bikes, minimotards, mx bikes w/motard tires, Honda NSRs, YSRs out to race with Rocky Mountain Minimoto Club!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this class here to stay? I was at the race this past weekend with my family and I'm now looking for a NSR or NSF (I'm a honda guy). Do you guys have a place to race over the winter (indoor track)?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this class here to stay? I was at the race this past weekend with my family and I'm now looking for a NSR or NSF (I'm a honda guy). Do you guys have a place to race over the winter (indoor track)?
Yea, we saw you and the family there. We're glad you came out! The shifter classes are here to stay. The classes above were not put into effect. The most up to date ones are on the website, but will be modified for next year. To make it simple, the classes will be F1 (the same rules), F2 and F3 will be combined into one class and F4 and F5 will be combined. We originally were overwhelmed with the response and were going to run 5 classes, but after the word got out about how fast the classes were (especially the guys that race big bikes and minis well) some people bowed out (nothing like getting smoked on your unobtanium $12K mini by someone on cheaper equipment). Next year will be an even bigger blast than this year.

Our former race coordinator is selling his NSR, because he only has one leg now and doesn't like adjusting his prosthetic leg differently for walking and riding. His bike was much stronger than the rest of the bikes bought at the same place and time. I'm pretty sure Sun Enterprises in Denver still has about three of them in stock. They are our major sponsor, provide all the prizes at the races and will give you a discount on all parts. I'll PM you Steve's number so you can call him about his bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts