Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently recieved a pocket rocket for doing an odd job for my neighbour who used to have it for his kids and I cant seem to get it to run properly. Had one when I was a kid so I know my way around the bike a little from issues racing at the local k cart track with some friends but this one has me stumped. When I start the bike it runs perfectly fine on the stand, I can give it full throttle and it picks up speed without any issues but as soon as the back wheel touches the ground it dies out. I ripped the carb off cleaned it out put a used but newer good spark plug in it, checked jets and fuel lines and everything seems fine until it hits the ground. When I got the bike I pulled everything apart and put fuel directly into the carb and ran it without the fuel tank attached to make sure the engine was good, put it back together and got it to the end of the driveway before it died out but since then it wont run if its off the stand. My next guess it the clutch isn't strong enough to grab and needs to be replaced. But don't want to go and grab a new one before asking other opinions. Another thing I noticed and could be related is that when there's a tank of gas on the bike the over flow pisses out consistantly. It's not a full stream but its steady droplets the whole time. I figured it was the fuel shut off valve being deteriorated and just isn't slowing the flow anymore, any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2,519 Posts
More then likely it's a vacuum leak check the intake manifold and carburetor if it's an old bike it might need crank seals

1 - 2 of 2 Posts