Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Thin pliable plexiglass. Home Depot or lowes.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Re: VIOLA!!!

Not to bad for my first go at this. I used 2mm thick acrylic sheet. Then used some duct tape to get a basic shape. I made the the rough shape a bit bigger so to compensate for the arc or bend. I tried using a heat gun to heat and bend. That wasn't good enough i ended up breaking a good size piece off. Using tue oven is tue best way. I heated the oven to 350° for bout 7mins. The worse part was the cutting at first i thought i couod use scissors.lol I wasn't about to use a box cutter and keep etching till it was cut. So i used my scroll saw and it was quicker and easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: VIOLA!!!

Not to bad for my first go at this. I used 2mm thick acrylic sheet. Then used some duct tape to get a basic shape. I made the the rough shape a bit bigger so to compensate for the arc or bend. I tried using a heat gun to heat and bend. That wasn't good enough i ended up breaking a good size piece off. Using tue oven is tue best way. I heated the oven to 350° for bout 7mins. The worse part was the cutting at first i thought i couod use scissors.lol I wasn't about to use a box cutter and keep etching till it was cut. So i used my scroll saw and it was quicker and easier.
Thanks, hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Dang it made a 2nd windscreen and broke it while bending it. I kept trying to bend it to much and it started cooling off. The snap, lesson learned if even it feel real warm to the touch. Do not t ry to keep bending just go back and re-heat a bit.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
So i manage to installed the 2nd wind screen that i made and crack.lol Not to bad oh a dremmel with a cutting bit can be used to cut also.

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Great Job!!! Wow that thing is looking nicer and nicer ever time i see it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Thanks.... I've been wanting to do this for years! I hated trying to tuck and couldn't see through the wind screen. Best thing is anybody can do this.....

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
I remember doing stuff with plexiglass in high school shop. Do they even have shop class in high school any more?

·
Ninja Racer
2,732 Posts
great job S, the dirty girl is gettin hooked up
the plexi is a great idea, like the thin aluminum i used for body panels, we can make alot of what we need
dremel for life

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
great job S, the dirty girl is gettin hooked up
the plexi is a great idea, like the thin aluminum i used for body panels, we can make alot of what we need
dremel for life
Thanks.... Yes the dirty girl is still hangin in there.lol Can't go wrong for 8bucs and i could get atleast 3 x7 windscreens out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.