Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Dave_O said:
....nice to see the site up again

but i had a quick question does anybody have this pocketbike?
and if so tell me what you think of it..or recomend it

http://www.evelocita.com/us/ev1racer.htm

thanks
Dave,

With the exception of using eBay as the selling forum, they are nothing more than box-pushers and I wouldn't trust anyone who had the outright audacity to make such outrageous claims.

Cheers

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow

lol....that was harsh considering there parts are made in italy and they have a 4.2 hp engine.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

see the evelocita bike parts are made in italy and has a 4.2 hp engine thats not bad at all.....

i would like to get a good race bike but my price range is around 500$

i dont want the used blata 2.5 because its still about about 100$ out of my range and also a stock cag can beat it!...

so i have no choice..i cant get a good racing bike,cause its to expensive and the blata is still alittle bit to expensive..and isnt fast, your gonna end up putting to much money into those to get a decent speed.

so thats why im leaning towards the evelocita...what do you think minimotopilot?

thanks*

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Dave_O said:
see the evelocita bike parts are made in italy and has a 4.2 hp engine thats not bad at all.....

i would like to get a good race bike but my price range is around 500$

i dont want the used blata 2.5 because its still about about 100$ out of my range and also a stock cag can beat it!...

so i have no choice..i cant get a good racing bike,cause its to expensive and the blata is still alittle bit to expensive..and isnt fast, your gonna end up putting to much money into those to get a decent speed.

so thats why im leaning towards the evelocita...what do you think minimotopilot?

thanks*
I hope you're not naive enough to believe everything you read, Dave.

I can guarantee you this, that bike is nothing more than a Cag, there's nothing Italian about it and it certainly doesn't have a 4.2 engine.

Cheers

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but the thing is you really dont no

ok well you find me a bike that isnt a cag around 500$ new or used i dont care

and since you have a blata 2.5 tell me what you think of it

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
?

minimotopilot,

what bike do you recomend that i should get in the 500$ that i have....thats not a cag!

oh yea and like i said in the last post tell me what you think of the blata 2.5

thanks*

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont wanna race rigt now at this time....i wanna get into it first i just want soemthing reliable with decent hp and speed

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Dave_O said:
but the thing is you really dont no

ok well you find me a bike that isnt a cag around 500$ new or used i dont care

and since you have a blata 2.5 tell me what you think of it
Unfortunately, at that price range, you're basically stuck with a Cag. If you can go higher, perhaps we can talk about a Polini. However, if your intent is to simply buzz around parking lots, the 2.5 may be a suitable alternative to a Polini powered Minimoto.

The ultra-mini Blata 2.5 is an extremely durable and highly reliable pocketbike. At 3.4HP, sure, it isn't the fastest Minimoto out there, but rest assured, I have a great deal of fun on it and I've had mine for over two years.

Without power to weight being a factor for most children, it's great for racing competatively against Cags and other 2.5's, but not for adults, so if you intend to race, this would not be the choice for you. I would guess that the stock top speed is just over 30.

Other than the Stage I kit, which consists of a larger jet, racing clutch springs and a K&N style filter ($60), the only other upgrades that I am aware of can be found via Giannini Racing, which are a bit pricey, IMO. Oh, there's also the improved '04 pipe, which is said to provide overall vast improvement.

Cheers

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Dave_O said:
how much are used polinis and the unlta mini blata 2.5 ?
I would guesstimate a used Polini can be purchased for around $8-$1,000 and a Blata 2.5 for around $5-$700, respectively. Both of which can be found via eBay and Classified ads.

Cheers

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and if your not sellin 1 around this time and see some1 who is and its around my price range tell me

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Dave_O said:
and if your not sellin 1 around this time and see some1 who is and its around my price range tell me
Dave,

No, I wouldn't forsee selling my Blata 2.5 any time soon. My son plans to start racing it at the local Club.

It wasn't more than about two weeks ago that one of our Dealers was offering close-outs on brand new 2.5's for $599, which was the deal of a lifetime.

Keep a keen eye on eBay and classifieds.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
is it just me or has anyone else noticed that all the pictures on their web site are computer rendered and not actual photos. My first thought when i looked at them was "WOW, that paint is really shiny." But if you actually look at the pics, they are not actual photos of the product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's the ticket...

I would suggest that you stick with Ebay for the purchase. I picked up my FULL fairing Cag. style bike for $135.00 and $95.00 for the shipping and insurance. If the bidding starts to go over $140.00, start on another one. They sell them all day, every day for that price. I have been still watching them. That one web site you gave for eVelocit... is a rip off. Just check out there prices for spare parts. That same half fairing bike is selling on Ebay for $90.00. If you pay more than $120.00 for shipping, then you are getting REALLY ripped off. The bike and box only weighs in around 50lbs. The real shipping should be about $70.00 tops for any location. These bikes are GREAT beginner bikes and still have plenty of things to add on for more speed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
DaveOI am in the same situation as you. I have a call into evelocita. They say they are in Chicago and I live about 3hrs away. I was going to see if I could go up and see one in person. The site says that they offer refunds. I will let you know what I found out.
I have heard so much about Cag's that it is like luck of the draw. Heard horror stories of guys getting one and lasting only a month or so. Does anyone have any leads on where to get a dependable Cag?

·
Registered
866 Posts
i would wait and see wat cj says about those bikes...

IMO i think there just full of BS and trying to sell bikes...

y would u post up a computer graphic of a bike?!?!
thats really helpful.. a fake image.... i wouldnt believe anything they say because of there pics... id have to see it for myself...

so wait for CJ to find out more about them

·
Registered
71 Posts
DaveO I talked to the guy in CA. I had a hard time understanding him, bad phone connection. It sounds like the warehouse is in Chicago, but he said the bikes ship from CA. I asked if the bike could be picked up from Chicago and he said no. I would wait to hear from someone that owns or has seen one of these bikes. Surely someone out there has bought one. I can not figure out why they do not have real pics on web page. Was going to ask the guy about that, but didn't.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea cj thats a great idea you sgould go up there....look at the bikes test ride them if your allowed, take some pics and send it to my [email protected] and just give me your general ideas of the bikes...

thanks*

1 - 20 of 23 Posts