Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 380/R49 use a free wheel hub on the rear?
I am wondering since these bikes have the engine turned around driving from the left.....if they have made a left hand free wheel hub or does the 380 use a different setup on the rear hub?

·
Registered
141 Posts
no it does not have a free wheel hub sprocket just bolts to wheel.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks cobraace.........does this effect the engine when going down hill at all?......I mean does the engine try to over rev when going down hill?

·
Registered
866 Posts
i think a free wheel just makes it go faster when ur not throttling...

i think it just makes it so the friction from moving the chain is gone, and u can glide like a bmx bike...

but hey.. im usually wrong...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but, if the clutch is engaged and you start down a hill without the free wheel......losing drag on the rear gear should make the engine free up making the engine rev higher.......possibly damaging the tranny/engine over time.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what another poster states...............They do not use a freewheel.
The sprocket bolts directly to the rear rim.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i guess you have to buy one to find out....:( .............because no one here seems to want to tell much about these bikes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok guys. Heres the scoop. I have a 380X. It does not have a free wheel hub, however, I dont notice anything abnormal about riding it compared to my Cateye with a solid rear hub, downhill or not. Chill out and quit worrying about stupid stuff and just have fun. The bike is by far the best quality pocket bike I have seen and I have seen or had most.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IcePick said:
Ok guys. Heres the scoop. I have a 380X. It does not have a free wheel hub, however, I dont notice anything abnormal about riding it compared to my Cateye with a solid rear hub, downhill or not. Chill out and quit worrying about stupid stuff and just have fun. The bike is by far the best quality pocket bike I have seen and I have seen or had most.
If your cat has a solid rear hub then there would be no difference......
And there is nothing stupid about scattering one of these engines......do not care how cheap some people may think they are.
If the bike used an ordinary clutch and no gear drive it would not matter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
the inferno uses an ordinary clutch an has no gear drive . what could cause engine damage is going down hill with throutle closed no gas no oil no lube not good ! ps it would take a long hill . just go down hill WOT.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cobraace said:
the inferno uses an ordinary clutch an has no gear drive . what could cause engine damage is going down hill with throutle closed no gas no oil no lube not good ! ps it would take a long hill . just go down hill WOT.
If the 380 is using a CVT......then it does most likely have a gear reduction inside between the clutch drive and the CVT final drive.
Why don't one of you guys with one.......show more detailed pics of the bike?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts