Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm right at 31.8 - 32.2 MPH on my bike but i've read in a couple of posts that say after 32 it doesn't read anymore. is this true? has anyone gone past 32 with their speedo?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a schwinn it goes pass 32. Check your settings to make sure you have the correct numbers or if your only really going 32. If you dont have a radar gun or GPS get a car to run side by side (not as accurate).

·
Registered
4 Posts
sesshoumaru562 said:
I have a schwinn it goes pass 32. Check your settings to make sure you have the correct numbers or if your only really going 32. If you dont have a radar gun or GPS get a car to run side by side (not as accurate).
sell your schwinn and get a cateye, i got radared by a police box thing and i got 36 and my speedo said 35, so my speedo is 1mph off. CATEYE SPEEDO HOMMIE:thumbsup:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Razo Wolf said:
Schwinns from walmart should be able to go to 99.9 mph it says that in the manual..
The display has no problem going to 99.9. But the speed indicated tops out around 32 mph for our 10 inch tires. The pick up just dosen't have the frequency responce to sence more than about 1000 magnet passes a minute.

With a wheel diameter of 0898 the fastest speed I've seen on the schwinn is 32.1 MPH. That was loaded and unloaded. Unloaded I could still hear the RPM's climb after 32.1 was hit. Getting the same result loaded tells me that I have hit the limit of the speedo.

·
Registered
546 Posts
ya i tried one while back when i got into this stuff, and it maxed at 32 and you can hear the engine obviously still making rpms. So i use a gps.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Razo Wolf said:
Schwinns from walmart should be able to go to 99.9 mph it says that in the manual..
they are made for bikes with 20 inch tires (or around there). If you have a bigger tire of course thats less rpms for the sensor to spin and therefore it can read a higher speed. With these small tires its just to much.

·
Registered
169 Posts
lol...Yeah I dont see someone going 60 on a mountain bike...Also cateye bikes speedometers are not accurate...Cateye bikes are just gimicks, oh it has some lights, and speedometer, might as well put a freakin bell on it as well lol...

geezer said:
Yea, there is not too many people putting down 64 MPH runs on a 20 inch bike using an $8.00 speedo.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
superman37r1 said:
...Cateye bikes are just gimicks, oh it has some lights, and speedometer, might as well put a freakin bell on it as well lol...
I think dude meant Cateye speedos, not the ones that actually come on cateye bikes. :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeh He is talking about the Cateye Cordless Digital Speedometer, I was about to buy one, but I bought the tach from a friend....I got good and bad results from people who owned this speedo, I think Blah has one, tried to pm him but he wouldnt respond....Blah Can you share your info on this speedo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts