Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Btw here is a picture of what the double clutch looks like when fully asambled since i have not shown it to you guys yet

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Nice, did you bond or weld all the pieces together like planned??

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nice, did you bond or weld all the pieces together like planned??
I just bolted it on eachother, i did weld a crack on the base part with alumaweld rods and it was very easy

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I ordered 2 of the newer 2 shoe clutches but this time with orange pad material, i hope pads will not wear down like the black ones did on the 2 shoe clutch, i also hope that they will stick together nicely on the clutch arms.

If i only had acces to cnc machinery to bring some quality billet part ideas alive..

I asked a guy on youtube, named johnyq90 who has all the stuff to do this and he made amazing stuff with it but he does not respond to my question to colaborate to build a solid reduction box with driven clutch

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Finally got the clutches, now i need to pick up the dirtbike at a friend so i can work on it, i had to put my valuable stuff somewhere else for a week because they were replacing the asbestos roof plates with a metal roof in the garages where i did the work.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well i failed again, i broken my cover and did a test with out which resulted in blowing up a clutchbell key slot, i really need to start making a quality custom casing for the whole system so everything stays well in place..

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I wonder if this could bolt on to a reedport engine

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
I don't see a picture. And that really sucks about your clutch Bell
Oh its ok, i might fix this one and i still have plenty of them laying around

And for the picture, i wonder why u cant see it. And that sucks even more

Anyway here is the link to what i wanted to show

But again it seems as if the clutch is on the wrong side of the gearbox, maybe i could switch the internals from spot some how without too much hassle

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh its ok, i might fix this one and i still have plenty of them laying around

And for the picture, i wonder why u cant see it. And that sucks even more

Anyway here is the link to what i wanted to show

But again it seems as if the clutch is on the wrong side of the gearbox, maybe i could switch the internals from spot some how without too much hassle

Ha, it shows up now. Wierd. Anything is possible, worst case you might need an adapter plate. Would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ha, it shows up now. Wierd. Anything is possible, worst case you might need an adapter plate. Would be interesting.
I think i will just try to find a sollid piece of billet aluminium and draw me a plan for the custom reduction box and hope that thd guy that i know with a machine park is willing to help me on that.

He helped me with making me the driven axle for this project and some other things also like a steering collumn that i could weld in the frame for adapting a pitbike fork on my dirt bike

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I will probably flip the swing arm and work with a solid jack shaft driven clutch system

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
This is how i have it in mind, it will be much more solid

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice, one of my mini bikes had a setup just like that. The mini bike Forum people told me it was junk and to get rid of it. At least for my bike. I ended up taking it off only because the mini bike really didn't need it. I just ran straight from the clutch to the rear sprocket. A vintage Mini Bike, pretty sure it was the 70s.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yeah you dont need 2 clutches with these type of 4 stroke engines, you do need them if you want to take of at high rpm and want to have a durable setup for dead stop accelerations

41 - 59 of 59 Posts