Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for another ride today only to find that the drip that I have from the bottom bolt which holds the pull start on is even worse. It smells like an oil and gas mix??? It drips when I ride and continues to drip when I stop. Got home from work today to find another puddle in the lower fairing??? :confused: :(

Any ideas, or has this happened to anyone else......

·
Registered
130 Posts
I get an oily mix accumulating on my lower fairing too. I'm not too concerned though, I just wipe it out when it gets real bad. I'm sure there are bound to be a few leaks on these things

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it.

Filled up the tank the other day. FULL. So the leak was coming down from the black grommet that the fuel intake and return lines run through. I had just painted my engine shrouds metallic silver and the gas was dripping off of the tank, onto the engine shrouds, removing the paint, running down onto the pull starter and dripping from the bottom bolt into the lower fairing. This is why it was metallic colored and gave the impression something was rubbing, melting, or leaking while running. From now on I will just have to keep the gas level below the grommet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So excited that I was going to fire her up and make a quick lap around the neighborhood at 1:00am. :D

But decided against it......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts