Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here today and looking for the ID on this thing that was laying in our dumpster. The Grandchild's first ride. No idea of year or make at this point but some net surfing it looks like a fs509 but I have no clue
Any help with the ID and point me to a parts breakdown and I'll be started. Thanks for your time and the space here to post, Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CAM2......

It has no motor or clutch so you know the path I will be on. I have no need for speed, just a safe piece to learn on. New hand controls and calipers. Some tires and a coat of paint, then sit back and grin a bunch :)

is there a better than most place for books and parts?

thanks again CAM2......:thumbsup:

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks CAM2......

It has no motor or clutch so you know the path I will be on. I have no need for speed, just a safe piece to learn on. New hand controls and calipers. Some tires and a coat of paint, then sit back and grin a bunch :)

is there a better than most place for books and parts?

thanks again CAM2......:thumbsup:
There are no real books this is mostly hit n miss..theres alot of pertinent info on this site............

An engine w/trans will run ya $130 shipped on ebay...just put 49cc engine w/electric starter.....Good Luck........

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Good find :)

Welcome to pbp.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looks like a Cateye aka fs-509. All the wiring is there you just need the engine, exhaust, and chains. These guys are experts, you're in good hands. I have a similar bike so if you need any pictures or close ups let me know. If you want more info on your bike try googleing "gs-12". Here is a link I hope you find helpful:

This is the owners manual for your bike:
http://gulfstormsupply.com/owner/GS-12/GS-12OwnersManual.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.