Pocketbike Forum banner

Eldevioso's Virgin L/C Thread

7K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  eldevioso 
#1 ·
Well, after a 7 year hiatus, I'm slowly getting back into pocket bikes. After failing to find any decent ads on CraigsList, I simply placed an ad stating I was interested in buying pocketbikes (with criteria). A nice gentleman contacted me and said he had a ton of equipment he'd like to get rid of as he no longer road/raced these bikes. After talking with him, I bit on the deal, and feel like I came out with a pretty decent deal.

I find this fitting since my father (after storing my bikes/parts/gear in his garage for 6 years), sold a good 1200-1500 worth of pocket bike equipment for about $150, without me knowing and sent me the check. I can't blame him, but was disappointed I had lost my stuff. Now, having my own garage, and a slightly larger cash flow, I hope I've found a decent deal to get me off to the races.

While this thread will ultimately be used to get the L/C bike from the lot up and running, I need a little help up front in identifying the frames, the engines, and things to look for to determine whether the engines are still viable. Here are the rollers I purchased. I believe one is "Swiss Cheese C1," one is a half fairing CAG, and one might be a Lucky 7 CAG.

See less See more
#2 ·
The C1 from above came with a motor which the seller said he's "pretty sure the cylinder is scorched" but the motor had some upgraded parts like a Zocci clutch.

He also gave me a Blata 2.5 that he said wasn't as fast as the L/C bikes, but was definitely faster than any A/C CAGs he came across. He said it runs fine except the pull starter broke.

But, where I think he was the most generous was with the following pic. He also gave me a full B1-Origami motor w/ a 19mm Dellorto Carb, Blata Reeds, and Blata air filter. He says the motor should be fine, but, I hope you guys can help me determine if that is truly the case. I would imagine if its running, the motor alone is worth quite a bit. Would you agree?

I'm really excited about these parts, and am greatly looking forward to getting these things up and running.

#5 ·
That's good to hear. I paid $300 for the entire lot. The three frames, a bunch of rims and tires, 5 engines. Feeling pretty good.

Spent last couple of nights ordering knick knack parts online to fill in the holes, and should be ready to start the builds shortly.

#7 · (Edited)
Nice Score, I have a C1 w/ the slash frame, there all the same. You got the three bikes right but it looks like a real Blata engine in a B1 or C1 frame. Is that a 17.5 or 19mm Dell PHBG carb? Have a 19mm Rep carb on my C1, and 2 spares. The L7 has lift plates on the rear clip, they don't come that way, PBU don't make them anymore, so have to make my own out of 3/8 aircraft alum plate, I am going up 2 and back 4".

#8 ·
Nice Score, I have a C1 w/ the slash frame, there all the same. You got the three bikes right but it looks like a real Blata engine in a B1 or C1 frame. Is that a 17.5 or 19mm Dell PHBG carb? Have a 19mm Rep carb on my C1, and 2 spares. The L7 has lift plates on the rear clip, they don't come that way, PBU don't make them anymore, so have to make my own out of 3/8 aircraft alum plate, I am going up 2 and back 4".
Thanks, I appreciate it. The carb in the picture is a 19mm Dell, there was also a 14 dell, 16 dell, Mikuno, and Cag carb. As for the engines, there were two CAG motors (intend to throw the ebay BigBore from HobbyTown on one), a real Blata 2.5, a potentially blown C1 engine, and a real Blata B1 engine. He said the Blata engine supposedly dynoed at 11.5 hp when he bought it. That may or may not be true, and it may or may not even work, but we'll find out soon enough with the help of this forum.

Two easy questions:
1) On the Lucky 7, can somebody take a pic of the spacer/bolt/washer combo that is used to attached the front of the seat-plastic to the frame (by the handle bars)? I don't think I have this part, and for the life of me, can't remember how it was on my old CAGs. I seem to recall it being a short cylinder that went between the frame and seat plastic, and a bolt went through it all into the frame.

2) In my pictures above you'll see an orange o-ring or gasket that has busted. This was in the Blata w/c engine under the dome. What is it, and how do I go about replacing? Is this the Viton O-ring you guys refer to?

#9 · (Edited)
If its a Cag engine, get a hold of Sam, Boosted306, see if he will put one of his 3rd Stage 3 Port Modded Billet Head Kits on your engine, I has 2. I would run a 10 or 12mm FC crank too. His kits are 10mm, so your need a crank, and 12mm piston if you want to go bigger. My Avatar Lucky 7 has a new 5 port kit w/ 12mm FC crank, modded piston & cylinder, it's hard to start it with a pull rope. He has Great Prices.
I had to make ever bracket for my custom bike, exhaust to rear brake caliper bracket. Galv. hardware store and shelf brackets and hinges & a few metric bolts work great.

#10 ·
If its a Cag engine, get a hold of Sam, Boosted306, see if he will put one of his 3rd Stage 3 Port Modded Billet Head Kits on your engine, I has 2. I would run a 10 or 12mm FC crank too. His kits are 10mm, so your need a crank, and 12mm piston if you want to go bigger. My Avatar Lucky 7 has a new 5 port kit w/ 12mm FC crank, modded piston & cylinder, had to start it with a pull rope. He has Great Prices.
I had to make ever bracket for my custom bike, exhaust to rear brake caliper bracket. Galv. hardware store and shelf brackets and hinges & a few metric bolts work great.
I have been following yours and other's posts about Sam. I will follow up with him. I remember his name from late 2004 when I first joined this site. Crazy. Would you mind shooting me an email with Sam's contact information as I cannot send PMs on this website, and it seems there aren't any Mods to help with my issue? My email is socal-jello@hotmail.com Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.