Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold two APC 49cc gas mini choppers and picked up an Electra 36 volt electric mini chopper. The wiring is partially there and a majority of the connectors are missing. Can anyone provide me with a wiring diagram for this model so I can figure out what goes where and what parts that I might need to get it running. I would appreciate any help provided.
Thanks

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,478 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this before. But there is no diagram that I know of. What accessories donyou want to work??
The engine will run without the wiring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned I had to gas powered APC mini choppers that I recently sold and someone was selling this electric one for $75 so I decided to buy it and tinker around with it. Accessories don’t really matter, I can figure that out later. I’m not an electrician but I assume that the throttle goes to the controller and from there to the electric motor.
What wires go from the twist grip (throttle) to the controller and what wires from the battery and motor to the controller?
I had to order a controller because the original was missing so I don’t have anything to match wires with at the moment. Any information that you could provide to get me going would be greatly appreciated. I’m curious to see if I could get this thing running or if I just waisted $75.00.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Ok, can you post a few pics of the controller wiring and throttle plug end. Some controllers have a trick and need a key or bypass looped wire. Some don't. All you need is power to the controller, then power to the motor and throttle to control the controller, for testing. Then a power switch, which can be tricky and a charge port for the batteries. What batteries are you gonna run?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, can you post a few pics of the controller wiring and throttle plug end. Some controllers have a trick and need a key or bypass looped wire. Some don't. All you need is power to the controller, then power to the motor and throttle to control the controller, for testing. Then a power switch, which can be tricky and a charge port for the batteries. What batteries are you gonna run?
I don’t have the controller yet, I just ordered it yesterday and I do have a key switch on the gas tank. I was looking at certain different types of twist grips (throttles) and some have the key built right in so if I need a new one I might just go that route and leave tha gas tank key as a dummy. The big plug from the present twist grip is
I just ordered a controller yesterday so I can’t send you a photo just yet. I have a key switch on the gas tank that I assume powers everything. I connected the charger port directly to the battery box and the batteries are fully charged. I can take a photo of the plug from the throttle and the throttle itself if that will help you help me. Let me know.
Thanks
Automotive lighting Hood Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

Electrical wiring Automotive tire Gas Wood Cable

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Finger Automotive tire Gas
Automotive lighting Hood Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Finger Automotive tire Gas
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Electrical wiring Automotive tire Gas Wood Cable
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If you ordered a direct replacement controller that helps. If not we can figure it out. Hopefully the controller is a 5 pin throttle port.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered it directly from Electra scooters website . It showed the exact scooter that I have and listed several parts. If I have to buy the matching throttle for that controller I will.
I didn’t want to order something I didn’t need.
Thanks for you interest in helping me figure this out. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats great you were able to find the original. That will make it plug and play. I will keep an eye on this thread.
Good afternoon,
Thanks again for you interest of my post. Just an update. I got the new controller and twist grip and I’ve also figured out all of the wiring. I’m in the process of putting new plug in connectors on everything as well as replacing the missing/broken turn signals and tail/brake light. Everything works as it should.
The bike is old and rusty but now that I got it all figured out I still think it’s worth the $75 that I paid for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts