Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new tom Pocketbikes, don't really know much. I'd like to get one. I was just wondering whether I should get an electric or gas bike? For now I won't be racing. I would like something that goes fast enough around 35MPH. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both electric and gas? How long does a tank of gas last on the gas powered bikes? How do the electric bikes work, just charge the battery, how long do the charges last?

Thanks a lot:):thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
cutlasskel said:
electrics make virtually no noise and CAN be made to go pretty damn fast....if you kinow what you are doing...
+1 i do agree with you...but for me theres just something about gas i like, could be the noise, and the smell, you just dont get that with electric

·
You have no idea...
3,072 Posts
I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the gas side of it...now to see how well my memory of electronics is holding up...
plus I know the electric guys will help me if I ask nice....:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you know your electronics its a no brainer go electric you could stomp anyones on this site if you know what your doing but if your just dabbling get a cheap gas

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
go electric.... not dumping on gas pb but it gets expensive modding a gas... for every $100 you spend on the gas version you only have to put out 10 to 20 bucks for electric to get the same results...if you need the smell of gas and the sound of ia motor, put some gas on a rag and record the sound so you can listen to it on your ipod :D... but serious just because it's electric don't beleive that hype it only goes 15mph.. i can do over 30 on mine electric pb....by the end of next month it should be in the mid 30's... and that in about 100 feet:thumbsup:.. but go with what you know and feel comfortable with...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts