Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the batteries are Toast, I pulled all the electrical stuff off, and put an extra Cag rear wheel I have. This frame is stronger than my A1 frame foresure. With a few mods to the frame a Cag or Polini engine will fit.
Sam's Red Head engine is first on the list, for the next power plant, then maybe on to the Polini Rep Engine. Going to extend the rear clip abit too.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Since the batteries are Toast, I pulled all the electrical stuff off, and put an extra Cag rear wheel I have. This frame is stronger than my A1 frame foresure. With a few mods to the frame a Cag or Polini engine will fit.
Sam's Red Head engine is first on the list, for the next power plant, then maybe on to the Polini Rep Engine. Going to extend the rear clip abit too.
Awesome, looking nice and clean!

But, Won't that chain be just a little bit too short? ;):thumbsup:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah its way short, I got a few $4 Dave's chains 2 months ago, but I have to take the rear wheel back off any way so I left the OEM chain on the Cag gear to see it is going to hit the frame when I hook it to the engine, bet you forgot about that,lol,lol.
Even better my A1 cag front wheel & front end will fit the neck on the frame, so front disc brakes, have rear caliper & bracket for the frame, need to weld something to the frame to mount the brace, have an extra rear disc also. Throttles, grips, everything I need here already, so it should not hurt my wallet.
On the A1 when I put the X7 front forks & wheel on that frame the OEM will go to the razor.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Hey EPR!....thanks for sharing...this is gonna be a VERY interesting project, keep it up!

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
EPR, just be careful with it, please ..... that IS the same frame that CAM2 got hurt on. Make sure you reinforce everything well.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
EPR, just be careful with it, please ..... that IS the same frame that CAM2 got hurt on. Make sure you reinforce everything well.
Not a Razor,,,,,,A Blata 2.5 a/c did me in..............This very one.

Definately heed Spyguys words though.......Razors are built more willy nilly than the Blata\

I cant wait to see what you come up with EPR................

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked the frame over good, it has a bottom neck tube underneath the battery plate all the way down to the bottom of the frame. The Red eng is probably 4 hp, I don't think it will rip the welds off the frame, now the Polini, thats a different story. If that makes it to thr rocket frame it will be a SideCar Racer just off the ground, with one or two small Go-Kart wide slick tires off the Monkey Cage,lol.
I will mod the razor frame when I start the A1 two eng drag bike frame.
My wife asked me are you going to do this all summer, and I go That's The Plan, did not go over very good,lol,lol.
I am adding 4" to the rear arms, with braces & gusset & etc. Remember I took a Kawa 900 frame & turned it in to a Death Trap, No I mean a Pro Stock Drag Bike, so this is not new to me, just alot Smaller.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Re: Electric Razor Rocket to Gas Bike Project UPDATE!

Some new photos of the Razor Gas Engine Project. I used my new 5 port and blocked it up to see how it fits in the frame. Need to V two pipes off the neck and down to the eng mount plate so the exhaust port is free. Cut the electric motor mount plate out to get the carb thru the frame, and a few other frame mods. Its alittle higher on the blocks than an eng will be in the frame when finnished, my red engine is going in the Rocket. When I put the X7 front forks on the 2 engine A1, the old Cag front forks are going on the Razor and I might neck it an inch or two before I add the V tubes up front.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Cam2, I love that frame you made in your avatar photo, its strong enough for a Polini W/C engine,lol, for real.
My goal is to end up with a 3 wheel side car racer, w/ the 40cc Polini Rep eng & radiator. Need a Banshee clutch housing and bracket, have a new water pump and am not driving it off the rear wheel, or a $100 Go Kart Diff. rear axle.
For now, its Sams low end 49cc red stocker kit motor. Ready to put the blue head 5 port on the eng stand, going to run the #2 drag bike engine today before I pull it, and box it till I have the tubing & plate to make the second eng mount. Going to the Reliable Steel & Bolt place to by some material friday.
I have looked the frame over real good, its thick wall tubing, from China, strike one. Its going to need alot work to put that engine in there. Going to kick the neck out on put gussets on it and run 2 tubes to a new engine mount, and around the rear clip section, and brackets off the rear arms up to the top of the frame.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: UPDATE: Electric Razor Rocket to Gas Bike Project

Today had to cut up more of the frame to get it in the right place. I am using a mini dirt bike 3 to 1 reduction trans so the chain clears the frame and a 14 tooth and 66 on thr rear wheel or about 7.70:1 ratio. going to make or mod an under pipe out off my many pipes. Now working on the engine mount plate, then it's Welding time.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Electric Razor Rocket to Gas Bike Project/ Eng Mount

Ok, here is the start of the motor mount, its only tacked on and bent to its final resting place,lol. That piece was the battery holder box, beat the hell out of it till it was flat. Welding a 3/16" steel plate in the bottom middle of the mount plate. Boxing that in the front & sides w/ tubing and a new lower cross brace on the under backside. Spliting off the front off the eng mount w/ 1"x .125" thick tube on each side at an angle up to the lower neck. That will make it really strong. Putting the A1 front forks that are backwards so I will not have to neck it. The rear slick will come from the rear of the A1.
The hardest part was getting the engine mount in right, the rest will be easier. My extra straight pipe big muffler w/ fit really good in the frame with no mods, now, isn't that special. The same pipe is on my A2 and it rocks wide open. When I got them for $24 each to my door, I was laughing, going there is no exspansion chamber, it will never work. Boy, was I wrong, I love these pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
WOW thats awesome! Just finished repairing two pocket rockets for friends kids, and bought the mini moto 125cc for my 10 yr old little girl for birthday and christmas all in one month. She will not see it until christmas morning. Here it is still in the crate. Have not been able to run it yet. Scott Well picture did not upload durn it.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That's great. One point, most of these bikes are only warranted for 30 days from purchase, so if you what till Christmas to start it and ride it and something is wrong your holding the bag. Did you check for broken parts have to report in 1 or 2 days. Get someone to get her away from where you live, so you can check it out. If anything is wrong, take photos and attach it to your email to the place you bought it. PS: need 25 posts to be able to make a thread & to add photos or an avatar pic. Avatar is only .84Kb, and 5 pics on thread to 512Kb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts