Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no a bolt broke off on the flywheel so i had to tap the hole and rethread it and i just got it bck together its olny a week old bike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm, it sounds like maybe the timing is off, even a small amount makes ALL the difference when we only have one cylinder....

keep trying, you WILL be able to figure it out! WE will try our best to help...
:):thumbsup:
but does the flywheel gapping really matter i have no idea how to do that business card thing theres no where to puut it inbetween also spark plug gapping does that matter? like if its tight will it be good im a noob srry

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
pull the spark plug out and hold your finger over the hole, pull the engine over slowly, and feel for compression...

One of my C1's (back in '05) would do something similar and even back-fire, turned out to be a scored piston / cylinder.

luckily for you, pulling the head on an air cooled bike is WAY easier than a water cooled bike!

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
ACE would have them .... get the smallest woodruff key you can. When you go to put the flywheel back on, make sure the woodruff key stays in place by using a dab of grease or silicone, then sliding the flywheel onto it. Lay a big deep socket over the center of the flywheel, and give 'er a whack with a deadblow hammer to seat it, then put your bolt in and tighten it up.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever managed to put an electric starter on a 47cc Cag/Daytona. To do so would involve a lot of machining custom parts - i.e., new flywheel, mount for the starter, battery case, etc. - plus weigh the bike down by at least another twnety pounds or so. By the time you got finished, the time and effort and money wasted on building such a system from scratch could have been put towards purchasing a bike that already comes with an electric starter, such as a Cateye or X-1.

Who did you buy the bike from? If it's only a week old and brand-new, then it's still under warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts