Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey u guys i was just wondering i was going to put a fuel injection kit on my yx 160cc engine and i was just letting you guys know it will only cost ya $299. they have it for all modles engine here is the link of where u can get this at for a low cost price and tell me what you think about it thanks, SHAWN

http://www.ecotrons.com/Small_Engine_EFI_kit.html

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
When I contacted them they replied in a weird way I can't really understand they said it was 389 plus shipping and the oxygen sensor and bung was 180 and you need that to tune the correct a/f ratio and the data cable was 50 all plus 50 shipped so I was looking at 580 but they have it on eBay for 350 shipped still with no o2 tho
And for your motor and mine it comes pre loaded with software for a gy6 scooter motor weather that will work right maybe but I wouldn't trust my motor to there tune and I also asked them if the intake was a bolt up to our motors and I gave them all the specs and other motors that are the same and they also did not reply to that one as well you need the 02 sensor and cable to properly tune the motor
I am still looking into this and will hopefully have one soon if I can get it for less than 400 I really think it will b very worth it in the long run I don't know if there a big company trying to get the big companies to use there f/i setup or just a small company doing this for hobbyist like us but they don't seem to answer any of my questions without a huge beat around the bush answering them so far

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I contacted them they replied in a weird way I can't really understand they said it was 389 plus shipping and the oxygen sensor and bung was 180 and you need that to tune the correct a/f ratio and the data cable was 50 all plus 50 shipped so I was looking at 580 but they have it on eBay for 350 shipped still with no o2 tho
And for your motor and mine it comes pre loaded with software for a gy6 scooter motor weather that will work right maybe but I wouldn't trust my motor to there tune and I also asked them if the intake was a bolt up to our motors and I gave them all the specs and other motors that are the same and they also did not reply to that one as well you need the 02 sensor and cable to properly tune the motor
I am still looking into this and will hopefully have one soon if I can get it for less than 400 I really think it will b very worth it in the long run I don't know if there a big company trying to get the big companies to use there f/i setup or just a small company doing this for hobbyist like us but they don't seem to answer any of my questions without a huge beat around the bush answering them so far
ok will thanks for notifying me but i will probley get the engine first than the efl kit its worth the price alll together engine plus kit will equal $700 bucks

·
1,278 Posts
So ur paying 120 for a 160motor or 350 for the kit shipped and 350 for the 160yx motor????

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
UUUUHHHHH Yeah i already posted the link and a picture in this thread here. Plus there's a thread on Efi systems if one was to do a search.LOL Infact i think you posted in this thread in the link.
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61656

I hope you don't think that this system is a true setup and go. Because it's not and will never be. This system is geared more towards people who have an idea on how to tune. There are 2 systems and they are/look alike but operate totally different do to the programing of the ecu plus made by different companies.
I do hope you ask them a lot of questions before you send them your money. Because once you purchase this then your stuck with it with no tech support. But i do hope you get it so you can be the guinea pig instead of me.LOL

As iv'e stated in the thread in the link.I've only seen 1 person with these type of EFI system on via vid on the net. Plus i've spoken to this person through one of the forums. I asked how was the efi system going.I never got a reply back nor did that person give an update on it on the other forum.LOL So many people supposedly bought this/other EFI system but you can't find anything about them working. Beware young grasshopper.LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UUUUHHHHH Yeah i already posted the link and a picture in this thread here. Plus there's a thread on Efi systems if one was to do a search.LOL Infact i think you posted in this thread in the link.
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61656

I hope you don't think that this system is a true setup and go. Because it's not and will never be. This system is geared more towards people who have an idea on how to tune. There are 2 systems and they are/look alike but operate totally different do to the programing of the ecu plus made by different companies.
I do hope you ask them a lot of questions before you send them your money. Because once you purchase this then your stuck with it with no tech support. But i do hope you get it so you can be the guinea pig instead of me.LOL

As iv'e stated in the thread in the link.I've only seen 1 person with these type of EFI system on via vid on the net. Plus i've spoken to this person through one of the forums. I asked how was the efi system going.I never got a reply back nor did that person give an update on it on the other forum.LOL So many people supposedly bought this/other EFI system but you can't find anything about them working. Beware young grasshopper.LOL
ok thanks and does this even do any thing like more power what doeis it do and is this better than a 28mm carb

·
1,278 Posts
I would have already ordered it if these dam companies would answer just two of my questions
The only answers I got were its more than the listed price and if I get it and it don't work I can't get my money back just a replacement if gas has gone through any part
And if it does not fit my head then I will have to pay to ship it back plus a 30% restocking fee
I have no problems tuning it unless they have some crazy fuel and map tables but it all equates to the same foe me once I get my answers I'll def b the guinea pig for this one

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have already ordered it if these dam companies would answer just two of my questions
The only answers I got were its more than the listed price and if I get it and it don't work I can't get my money back just a replacement if gas has gone through any part
And if it does not fit my head then I will have to pay to ship it back plus a 30% restocking fee
I have no problems tuning it unless they have some crazy fuel and map tables but it all equates to the same foe me once I get my answers I'll def b the guinea pig for this one
yeah what where the questions

·
1,278 Posts
Theoretically it should give you more power than a carb and better gas mileage but like swheels said unless u know how to tune a engine using fuel tables and understand air fuel ratios and how barromic pressure and map readings work then its really easy.to ruin your motor its pretty much just numbers but u need to know what the good and bad numbers are to get it to work right especially if they also have auto timing curves set for the cdi I don't understand how that will work correctly without a knock sensor tho but I guess that may b pre set tables for map readings from the engine load LMAO im just typing oit loud again pretty bad when my brain to finger ain't working u should hear me speak lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Theoretically it should give you more power than a carb and better gas mileage but like swheels said unless u know how to tune a engine using fuel tables and understand air fuel ratios and how barromic pressure and map readings work then its really easy.to ruin your motor its pretty much just numbers but u need to know what the good and bad numbers are to get it to work right especially if they also have auto timing curves set for the cdi I don't understand how that will work correctly without a knock sensor tho but I guess that may b pre set tables for map readings from the engine load LMAO im just typing oit loud again pretty bad when my brain to finger ain't working u should hear me speak lol
ok do u know how to tune a engine ps i sent phone message

·
1,278 Posts
My questions were what's the total length or dimensions of the intake manifold
Will the intake bolt up to my motor are my main questions
Other questions I have is
What kind of fuel table do they use
And what exactly can I change just the fuel table or all calculations the computer makes for my own custom tune

And how does it calculate for timing advance or retard with no knock sensor or maf to calculate load it can b done with the map but that alone is not good
If I get this for my 110 what do I need to change for my 160 all of it or just go from a 24mm intake to the 28 and a new injector and a few other tech questions before I drop more than my motor on a f/i setup

·
1,278 Posts
I finally got to talk to them and I can use it with my 110 for a test and if its good they will exchange the parts needed for my 160/150 and I worked out a plan with the guys I talked to so I will be ordering it within the next 2-3 weeks tops and I will start a thread about it and take full pics of installation and tuning for u guys
I think the benefits of f/i are very good especially for racing u can have multiple setups/programs for certain tracks u run and move your power curve ect or do a quick fix for hot/humid days or take advantage of cool dry days within a few minutes instead of pulling the carb off and looking at the plug and changing jets ect ect
That's just my take on it anyways hopefully it will b as good as I think it may b

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I finally got to talk to them and I can use it with my 110 for a test and if its good they will exchange the parts needed for my 160/150 and I worked out a plan with the guys I talked to so I will be ordering it within the next 2-3 weeks tops and I will start a thread about it and take full pics of installation and tuning for u guys
I think the benefits of f/i are very good especially for racing u can have multiple setups/programs for certain tracks u run and move your power curve ect or do a quick fix for hot/humid days or take advantage of cool dry days within a few minutes instead of pulling the carb off and looking at the plug and changing jets ect ect
That's just my take on it anyways hopefully it will b as good as I think it may b
cool how much they gonna charge you and what is the difference between close ratio and wide ration trans on the 155cc enginje which one is better for accleration

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
cool, bout time somebody did it
speaking of which, i have a turbo ive been meaning to fit
close ratio=shift more
ability to change sprockets makes that moot in my view, i can 'gear' mine 'closer' than that, or the other way too, get it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool, bout time somebody did it
speaking of which, i have a turbo ive been meaning to fit
close ratio=shift more
ability to change sprockets makes that moot in my view, i can 'gear' mine 'closer' than that, or the other way too, get it?

hey where did you get those brake

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
That's a little bit scary to me,when you look at their site.One of the system says it's good from 110cc to 200cc if i remember correctly.LOL So i don't understand what parts they would send you for it to work on a 160cc????

That was my whole idea behind getting the EFI system for racing.Not having to deal with jets anymore. I got a bad arse $400 carb and only used it a few times it gave me heck to tune.So i let some friends use it for a season. I got the carb back on my bike but haven't tried it yet. In the back of my mind i'm having nightmares of this same scenario.lol

Now with the other EFI system i know you can look at the data realtime and tune it from your computer/laptop.There's like 8 different preset setting and can run in either close or open loop. You can control the fuel(through presets) the spark,change the power curve and change the rev limiter setting or no rev limiter.
Now i'm wondering which system is better or actually does work.LOL I know as a racer, the last thing you wanna be doing on race day.Is trying to fix a problem,time wasted in the pits could take away time from the track.LOL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts