Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got back to squish setting. Started with the thickest gasket and squish was only down to about 1mm so I went down the next gasket and got it just under .8mm. I don't want use the tin gasket because it would probably bring it down to .6mm squish. The motor will make plenty of power as is I don't think I need all that compression I'd rather have the longevity.
What octane minimun do I need to run with the .78mm?

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Go with at least 92 then add some booster to get it up to 95.

·
Registered
572 Posts
How stands the piston to the ports. It's always a challenge to get the balance between port/piston and squishband gap.
Normally you should not correct the squish gap with the cylinder base gasket.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Go with at least 92 then add some booster to get it up to 95.
Thank you. VP makes a 94 octance ethanol free fuel I've been running so I'll add a little booster to that.

How stands the piston to the ports. It's always a challenge to get the balance between port/piston and squishband gap.
Normally you should not correct the squish gap with the cylinder base gasket.
The rebuild kit I got came with 3 gaskets. Do you think it is ok to run squish at the .78mm it is now?
What is a good a balance between the piston & ports?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thank you. VP makes a 94 octance ethanol free fuel I've been running so I'll add a little booster to that.

The rebuild kit I got came with 3 gaskets. Do you think it is ok to run squish at the .78mm it is now?
What is a good a balance between the piston & ports?
Shouldn't be a problem.

At bdc the top of the piston should be in one line with the bottom exhaust port and the overflow ports

21 - 25 of 25 Posts